In small pits of apricot contains many beneficial trace elements. The oil extract from them is used in home and professional cosmetology recipes to improve the condition of the skin and strands. How to apply apricot oil and what benefits it brings to hair, read on.
Composition and properties
Apricot kernel oil is created by cold pressing, which allows you to save vitamins and nutrients in full. According to reviews, this product allows for a short time to improve the condition of the hair and scalp, so it is often used to create effective masks against dry curls at home.
The composition of apricot oil:
1. The bones of a juicy fruit contain many organic acids - linoleic, oleic, stearic. They activate the regeneration process, make the strands elastic and durable, rejuvenate the scalp. After the masks, hair growth is accelerated.
2. Vitamin E enhances collagen synthesis, prevents hair breakage. If applied regularly, the amount of strands can increase almost 2 times.
3. Retinol - a natural anti-inflammatory agent, helps to get rid of dandruff, seborrhea, itching.
4. Apricot oil contains almost all the B vitamins, the benefits of which for the health of hair is invaluable. Restores split ends, protects strands from the negative effects of external factors, eliminates dryness of the dermis and curls. With regular use, hair less dirty because the product improves the work of the sebaceous glands.
5. Ascorbic acid contributes to the strengthening of local immunity; after application, a protective layer remains on the curls.
6. Apricot kernel oil contains magnesium. The use of this element - it improves the condition of blood vessels, normalizes blood circulation in the dermis, the follicles get the maximum amount of nutrients, become stronger.
According to reviews, apricot oil is hypoallergenic, it can be applied to strands of any type, helps to quickly eliminate inflammation, dryness and irritation of the skin. After regular use, hair growth accelerates, dermatological problems disappear, strands look completely healthy.
Useful properties of apricot oil
Apricot oil extract, according to reviews, allows you to quickly restore even very loose and damaged strands, if you use it at home regularly. The tool effectively helps with the early stage of alopecia, nourishes dry hair, normalizes the synthesis of sebum, makes the strands more docile.
The benefits of apricot oil:
- prevents the appearance of split ends,
- moisturizes and nourishes the strands, perfect for dry hair type,
- restores the damaged structure of the curls,
- eliminates dermal irritation, helps to get rid of dandruff and seborrhea,
- suitable for head massage.
Apricot oil has practically no contraindications, with the exception of individual intolerance. With severely damaged hair, dryness and the presence of inflammation on the skin, it can be used not only in the form of masks, but also inside.
Apply apricot kernel oil
The correct choice and use of the tool will allow you to get the maximum therapeutic result. Apricot kernel oil for hair should be purchased at the pharmacy - flavors and other synthetic components may be contained in counterfeit products, which can cause the appearance of strong allergic reactions.
How to use apricot oil:
- after applying the head should be warmed with a cap made of polyethylene and a towel - the effect of the greenhouse allows you to enhance the beneficial properties of the oil product from apricot kernels,
- apricot oil can be washed off in the usual way
- apply apricot oil extract twice a week for two months, if necessary, continue hair treatment after 2 weeks,
- apricot kernel oil can be kept on the hair all night.
Apricot oil should be stored in the refrigerator, before use it is slightly heated in a water bath. The tool is well combined with other components, which allows you to prepare masks for hair based on different recipes at home on its basis. The easiest way to apply is to add oil extract from apricot kernels to shampoo; 40–50 ml of a natural product will be required for a standard 250 ml bottle.
1. Masks with apricot oil for dry and loose strands.
Hair oil based on apricot kernels nourishes and moisturizes the skin, allows you to get rid of the increased porosity of the strands. For heavily hewn tips, it is enough to lubricate them every day with a heated extract of apricot seeds throughout the week.
Recipe for a nourishing hair mask - mix 15 ml of oil extract of apricot and castorca, heat it up a little, add 30 ml of lemon juice. Spread the mixture evenly over the curls, rub it into the skin in circular motions, wash off after 50–70 minutes. The procedure should be done every week for 2 months.
If weakened and dry hair grows poorly, a simple mask will help to cope with the problem - combine 20 ml of warm apricot and burdock oil, add 5 ml of Dimexide. Apply to the skin and strands, leave for 40 minutes.
If the curls have become very dry due to frequent staining, the use of thermal devices for styling, then the mask will help them to recover according to the following recipe. Mix 12 ml of camphor alcohol, glycerin and apricot oil, add 100 ml of chamomile decoction. Moisten the strands thoroughly, rinse the mixture in 1.5–2 hours.
2. Masks with apricot oil for oily hair.
Apricot oil is well and quickly absorbed, oily shine after application is absent, the strands do not become heavier, they get additional volume. The tool is easy to apply at home.
Recipe hair masks with high fat content, lack of volume. Dissolve 15 g of Moroccan clay with strong green tea to a thick cream, add 7 ml of apricot oil and essential extract from calendula. Apply the mixture on the skin and basal area, wash off after half an hour with water with the addition of lemon juice.
Mask to normalize the work of the sebaceous glands, eliminate dandruff - mix 15 ml of hair oil based on apricot kernels and warm kefir or milk, add 5 ml of liquid honey. For 5–7 minutes, rub into the skin, then leave on the curls for 30–40 minutes.
Reviews on the use of apricot oil
Apricot oil is a favorite and indispensable cosmetic product for many women, so the product has only positive reviews. The girls mark its reasonable value, pleasant unobtrusive smell, light texture. With regular use at home strands look no worse than after expensive salon procedures.
“I have very naughty hair, any styling lasts no more than 2 hours, I have to apply a lot of modeling cosmetics on the curls, which negatively affects their condition. A friend recommended adding apricot oil to the spray to strengthen the roots. A week later, the strand fallout stopped, I stopped using styling products - the shape and volume of the hairstyle are kept all day. ”
“I love apricot oil for hair, I have been using it for a long time. In the summer, for sun protection, I simply apply the product onto the strands before going outside. In winter, for nutrition and volume, I make the following mask - I combine 2 quail yolks with 15 ml of oil extract, add 5 ml of honey, distribute over the entire length of the strands, wash off after 40–50 minutes. I do the procedure twice a week. ”
“My dry hair didn’t grow at all, and for the wedding I wanted to make a beautiful haircut. I started using apricot kernel oil twice a week - in 3 months the branches of the industry were 7 cm thick, they became shiny, smooth, volume appeared. ”
Tatiana, Nizhny Novgorod.
“I care for the strands with the help of oils all the time, now I use the apricot kernel product. For my dry hair, this is just a find - after the first application, the curls became well-hydrated, shine incredibly, they are simply styled. I use it once every 3 days. ”
Apricot oil is a useful vitamin and nutritious product that allows you to restore even very damaged hair. There are many different recipes for different types of hair masks on the basis of this tool, they are easy to prepare at home. With regular and proper use, according to many women, the condition of the strands, skin and roots improves markedly.
Description of the characteristics and properties of apricot oil
Apricot oil, and, more precisely, apricot kernel oil, has long deserved an honorable place among the best folk hair care products.
Oil is extracted from the seeds of the fruit by cold pressing. The color is light yellow, the aroma is nutty with a faint hint of apricot.
Apricot kernel oil has a light yellow color.
For the care of curls especially important properties of the essence of apricot seeds:
- glues hair scales, giving smoothness and shine,
- contributes to the restoration of damaged structures
- strengthens the roots
- heals the skin of the head,
- prevents the appearance of split ends,
- forms a microfilm that protects hair from loss of vitamins, minerals and water.
Chemical components in the composition of apricot oil
Apricot kernel oil has a fairly rich chemical composition, all of which components have benefits for the health and beauty of curls.
The chemical composition of the product is represented by the following substances:
- complex of palmitic, oleic, linoleic, stearic acids has a rejuvenating effect on the hair, strengthens the roots,
- the presence of vitamin E contributes to the production of collagen and elastin, without which the hair becomes brittle, thinned, easy to damage,
- Vitamin A is involved in the regulation of the fat balance of the skin, creates protection from the damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation,
- Vitamin C helps to block inflammatory processes, stimulates the synthesis of collagen in the hair, makes them more resistant to external influences, such as changes in ambient air temperature, vein drying,
- A group of vitamins B activates regeneration processes. Microtraumas with their help heal faster, curls take on a healthy and radiant appearance. When fighting dandruff, you cannot do without the B vitamins, as they relieve itching, peeling of the epidermis,
- various trace elements, including magnesium and potassium salts, with deficiency of which hair loss occurs. These substances prevent dehydration, accelerate the metabolism in the hair tissues, the elimination of toxins and decomposition products.
Vitamin A as part of apricot oil protects hair from the damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation
How to choose and store
To choose a natural product, you need to pay attention to its appearance and packaging. On the market there are cases of counterfeit apricot oil, diluting it with cheaper ones.
What to look for when choosing apricot kernel essences:
- the natural product has a light yellow color or no color at all,
- the flavor is dull, nutty,
- the package must contain complete information about the manufacturer, address of production,
- With a quality product, a certificate is required. You can ask the seller to provide a certificate, if he refuses, then this is a serious reason to think about buying in this place,
- impurities are not allowed. For example, some sellers add sunflower oil or cherry plum to reduce the cost of goods,
- quality oil packaging must be made of dark glass. Plastic may react with the product and spoil it,
- the lid should be tightly closed without damage. At the slightest violation of the integrity of the packaging oil begins to evaporate, the period of its use will be reduced.
Storage is also important for the quality of apricot oil, because its shelf life after opening is not so long - from six months to a year:
- keep an open package in a place away from the freezer of the refrigerator,
- the bottle of oil should be from tinted glass,
- the cap should be tightly closed, better if it is screwed.
To ensure that the apricot oil does not lose its beneficial qualities, it must be stored in dark glass utensils.
The presence of contraindications
The natural essence of apricot kernels without impurities, produced by cold pressing, is practically devoid of contraindications, except for individual intolerance of its individual components. Oil is permitted for application to delicate infant skin and women in position.
An unnecessary precaution is to conduct an allergic test, especially for babies. It consists in applying a drop of oil behind the ear of the child, if no redness or irritation appears within twelve hours, then the product is safe.
The benefits of apricot kernel oil for hair
The uniquely balanced combination of acids and trace elements in apricot oil makes it an indispensable aid in hair care procedures. Most often, outdoor use for hair is in the form of masks. But in its pure form, the essence is also suitable. For this, it is rubbed with the tips of the fingers into the roots of the hair, spread along the length with the help of a rare comb. Protect from harmful solar radiation a small amount of oil applied before going under direct sunlight. The microfilm envelops the curls, which serves as a barrier against fading and drying.
For the care of the manipulation of the oil should be applied warm for better absorption. If there is no time for a water bath, then you can hold the spoon with an oily liquid over the fire for a minute or two.
For dry and damaged hair
Natural apricot oil has a therapeutic and cosmetic effect for dry and damaged curls, restores their structure and perfectly moisturizes.
Homemade formulations with apricot essence for dry and damaged strands:
- to prepare the infusion of chamomile: pour boiling water (100 ml) one Art. l small crumbs from dried chamomile flowers. In the cooled and filtered infusion infuse one Art. l camphor alcohol, one tsp. apricot essence and heated glycerin. Put the finished mask on the hairy area of the head and over the entire length of the curls, cover with a warm towel, leave to soak for an hour. Perform the procedure once or twice a week, and so for at least two months,
- Apply to the hair a thoroughly mixed composition of one chicken yolk and one tsp. apricot essence. Wrap in cellophane, thick cotton fabric, leave for thirty minutes, wash in the usual manner. Repeat the mask on average a month every three to four days,
- combine 25 ml (or five tsp.) of apricot and peach kernels oils, add essential squeezes of rosemary and lavender (two drops each). Ointment the entire length of the curls with an oil mixture, thoroughly process the tips, cover the hair with a foil to create a greenhouse microclimate and leave for an hour or two. Wash your hair in the usual way. The course should consist of fourteen masks at intervals of five to seven days,
- First, prepare the base: Mix one dose of apricot oil with honey heated to a liquid state and freshly squeezed aloe vera juice (two doses each). This mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for a month. To prepare the mask will need one Art. lbases and whipped yolk, which are applied along the entire length of the hair. Top you need to cover your head with a warm towel or cellophane and do not remove for thirty minutes, then wash your hair with water without shampoo, apply the beaten yolk and rinse again. Procedures are repeated twice a week, the full course consists of five masks.
For dry and damaged hair, a mask with honey and apricot oil will be helpful.
Regular use of masks will make hair smooth and manageable, more resistant to external damage..
For oily hair
The gentle texture of the essence of apricot kernels makes it possible to successfully apply it to fat curls, and its anti-inflammatory properties help in regulating the work of the sebaceous glands, restoring the water-lipid balance.
Recipes for oily hair with apricot kernel oil:
- heat one tsp in a water bath honey, mix with warm milk and apricot butter (one tbsp). Mass distributed over the length of the hair and leave for half an hour, rinse with shampoo. This mask can be applied once or twice a week for a month,
- 10 ml (two tsp.) apricot take two drops of orange and propolis essential oils. Rub in the massaging movements into the roots, and distribute along the entire length of the curls. For the best effect, wrap the head with cellophane and a towel, leave for 30-40 minutes. This mask will give not only brilliance, but also an incredible scent of a long hair, and you can hold it once a week for two months
- Dissolve in water or green tea (200 ml) and then heat 20 g of gelatin. There add three tsp. apricot oil liquid and three drops of ether from ginger. Apply four centimeters from the roots to washed hair, cover with polyethylene and a towel. Leave to impact for an hour. Repeat once a week for a month
- mix five tsp. cognac with two tsp. lemon juice and three tsp. apricot butter. The composition is applied to the curls, not rubbing into the roots. Leave for an hour and a half, rinse with shampoo. The course must be at least fourteen procedures carried out weekly.
For oily hair, a mask of brandy and apricot oil will be useful.
Masks with apricot oil are able to perform miracles of transformation with oily hair: they are less salted, they become silky and shiny.
Care for normal hair
Normal type of hair also needs appropriate care, apricot kernel oil is a great helper in this case too.
Recipes for normal hair types exist as follows:
- Combine honey and apricot essence in equal amounts, add the yolk of one egg to them. Rub into the skin of the head and along the length of the hair, wrap the head with a towel, you can leave up to three hours, wash off with shampoo. Apply two months one to two times a week
- mix three art. l apricot oils and two tbsp. l white clay, pour warm milk in a volume of 50 ml. To rub the mass, mixed up to a uniform consistence, in roots and to distribute on all length of a hair. Create a greenhouse effect with polyethylene and thick towels, soak for forty minutes. Such a mask will be useful for course application fourteen times every three days.
To get rid of dandruff
The disinfecting effect of oil extract from apricot kernels helps to fight dandruff.
Recipes to fight dandruff:
- process the area of the hair roots with a mixture of two tablespoons. l apricot oil liquid and three drops of tea tree ether. Cover with a warm hat, do not take off thirty to forty minutes. Repeat the procedure two months twice a week,
- First you need to grind on a grater one large onion and squeeze onion juice, for the procedure will need one Art. l There also pour two tsp. vodka and one art. l apricot marc. Mix the ingredients well and apply on the scalp, leave for an hour. Then wash your hair as usual with your usual shampoo. The unpleasant aroma of onion will help remove the rinsing curls in a weak solution of lemon juice (two tablespoons per liter of water). This mixture is recommended to apply at least a month, once a week is enough,
- in equal shares to mix together freshly squeezed juices from lemon and aloe, honey, apricot essence. Massage movements rub into the skin, which grow hair, at least five minutes. Cover with a shower cap, wrap a towel on top, do not remove for half an hour. Enough one-time use a week, two months without interruptions.
Dandruff helps mask containing lemon juice and apricot kernel oil
Apricot oil to prevent hair loss
Penetrating into the follicles, the components of the essence of apricot seeds strengthen the curls from the inside, so the hair falls out less.
Recipes for hair loss:
- will need one Art. l powdered burdock root and one cup of apricot oil, which, after mixing, should be brewed for two weeks. After the specified period, spread the mixture on the roots under the cellophane, leave for better absorption for an hour. Means to apply for twelve weeks once or twice a week, and after the break, the course can be repeated,
- Prepare a decoction of one or two cloves of garlic, according to the recipe, you will need 20 ml (four tsp.), then pour two tsp. rye bran powder and add 10 ml (two tsp) of apricot oil. Rub the pulp directly into the root zone of the hair for ten minutes, then for another fifteen minutes to hold the head wrapped with a towel. Wash with shampoo. Perform a twenty-one week procedure every three to four days,
- yeast in the form of tablets with zinc (three tablets) chop and dilute one tsp. tincture of calendula, mix well, add a beaten yolk and 10 ml of oil essence from apricot seeds. This mask should be applied overnight, covering your head with food film and a towel on top. To carry out such care in seven days two months.
Hair Growth Stimulants
Apricot oil is able to activate dormant hair follicles, fatty acids and vitamins in its composition promotes hair growth.
Recipes masks for the growth of hair:
- take one tsp olive, apricot oils and drug Dimexidum (sold in a pharmacy). On a dry scalp and over the entire length of the hair to distribute the mixture and leave for an hour and a half. The course includes ten procedures that can be carried out up to two times a week.
- for hair with different fat content, one yolk and one tbsp are added to the above recipe. l cognac. Spend one or two times a week for two months,
- prepare a mixture of oils: two Art. l apricot and seven drops of ethereal from juniper. To rub the composition in the roots with massage movements and distribute into curls. Leave on for thirty - forty minutes under a towel and rinse with shampoo. To use means in two-three days within four weeks.
Recommendations for use
The use of apricot oil will bring maximum benefit if you follow a few simple tips.
It is necessary to acquire the product in proven pharmacy chains that do not allow themselves to sell counterfeit and have all the accompanying documentation to confirm the quality.
Affordable and simple is the way to use the oil as an additive to a regular shampoo or a purchase mask. On a bottle of cosmetic with a volume of 250 ml, two tbsp. l After that, the hair will be easier to comb, acquire shine and softness.
To rinse off the masks with apricot essence, the shampoo is applied without being wetted with water, and “dry”.
Apricot Oil Reviews
If, after reading the title of this review, you still opened it, it means that you are interested in restoring and strengthening your hair. Do you like to pamper them and “feed” them with goodies? Then we have something to talk about, you are on the right page. I often look photos of hair, beautiful, flowing, shiny, smooth, well-groomed, long hair. I motivate myself and believe that my hair may be, if not so, but close to my ideal. I am also engaged in restoring my hair: permanent masks with various oils, pure oils, vitamins, rinsing, head massage, scalp scrubbing, hair growth stimulants, hair protection from thermal and mechanical effects and a lot of everything that is possible. I never used apricot oil, (but in vain), but a week ago I decided to buy it, I went to the pharmacy only for castor oil, but I liked something. A bubble of 30 milliliters cost me 85 rubles, 15 milliliters were offered to me for 50, but my husband persuaded me to take more and did not lose. I applied the oil to the length in pure form, wrapped the whole thing in plastic, under the cap and went like that for three hours, after which I washed the whole thing with shampoo, did not apply the balm. After the hair was dry, I felt the beauty of apricot oil, my hair was insanely soft. They were soft before, (plus they are not dyed), but after using apricot oil, they became even softer, just like a bunch of fluffy, gentle kittens, (yes, I know how you feel now;)) My hair shone, of course, not as much as I wanted, but they began to shine somehow, and this is also a huge plus for me. I was able to comb my hair quite easily (despite the fact that I always comb them before washing, they still go awry). Hair became smooth, (again, not 100%, but for me it is progress). As for the bottle, it pretty tightly closes. It is easy to open the lid, but the rubber pimpochka is very difficult, therefore, if I buy oil with such a pimp, I immediately remove it, because I don’t want to pull my husband every time so that he opens the butter for me. The glass of the bottle is hard, thick, and durable; not even my bottle bottles (I have a lot of oils from this company) have broken, even when they fell from a sufficiently large height. Avocado oil was for me one of my favorite oils, castor oil takes the first place, thanks to which I managed to grow good (for me) eyebrows and eyelashes. Avocado oil deserves a solid top five, I recommend it to you too.
Good day, ekogoliki. My review of crude apricot kernel oil from the company Spivak. This is an excellent universal care product that is suitable for any type of skin and hair. The oil is in a 50 ml glass bottle. There is a dropper - dropper. And the smell of oil. The smell of apricot pits, I like it so much. In winter and spring, we eat a lot of dried apricots, but we never throw out the bones. We put in a cup, and then we eat tasty apricot stones. And the most delicious bones for me are compote. Returning to the oil) The properties of apricot kernel oil: Regenerating Toning Soothing Refreshing Restores skin elasticity Removes redness and dermatitis I want to note the rapid absorption of oil in the skin. For me, this is a huge plus. Thank you all for your attention
Video: the benefits and application of apricot oil
Apricot kernel oil is a great tool for restoring damaged curls, accelerating their growth, getting rid of dandruff and loss. It is basic, can be applied in pure form, as well as in the composition of masks for hair care. When applied regularly, inexpensive and affordable essence of apricot kernels will help to transform the appearance of hair.
The effectiveness of apricot oil for hair
Even trichologists in some cases advise using apricot oil to restore weakened, diseased hair: masks based on it have not only a cosmetic, but also a healing effect.
Its chemical composition includes a large amount of vitamins, organic acids and some minerals, which, participating in cellular processes, heals the scalp and makes the strands very beautiful in appearance:
- A complete set of organic acids in apricot oil (the presence of palmitic, palmitoleic, oleic, stearic, linoleic, linolenic acids) turns this ether into a unique rejuvenating agent that returns the most weakened and dull strands of strength, brilliance, strength and elasticity, as if in youth.
- It helps organic acids to rejuvenate hair with tocopherol, a vitamin of unfading beauty E. It activates the synthesis of elastin fibers and collagen in cells, restores the elasticity of the strands, heals minor damages in the form of cuts and brittleness.
- Retinol, possessing anti-inflammatory properties, vitamin A eliminates not only the symptoms of seborrhea (dandruff and itching), but also cures the disease itself, normalizing the work of the sebaceous glands attached to the hair follicles. It also has a beneficial effect on the condition and appearance of both dry and oily hair.
- Vitamins from the B family in apricot oil act more like doctors, not like cosmetologists: they eliminate microdamages, restore sick, heavily incised tips, save strands from the accumulation of toxins from the environment and allow the hair to remain clean and shiny longer, saving it from fast contamination and unpleasant greasiness even the most problematic fat curls.
- Ascorbic acid, known as vitamin C, in apricot oil is a reliable protection of hair against inter-seasonal avitaminosis, exposure to sunlight, temperature changes, thermal effects of a hair dryer, which rarely anyone can do without today.
- Mineral elements are also present in the apricot kernel oil. True, in slightly smaller quantities than vitamins. For example, potassium provides hair with reliable and timely control over the level of moisture in the cells. This is very important not only for dry type of strands, but also for greasy hair.
- Magnesium contained in apricot oil strengthens and heals blood vessels, thereby improving subcutaneous blood circulation, which leads to a constant result - a fairly rapid hair growth. Thanks to magnesium, after the masks with apricot oil, the roots begin to receive all the nutrients they need with the bloodstream, which significantly improves their condition: the follicles are strengthened in their nests - the strands cease to fall out.
A huge plus of apricot oil in the improvement of the hair in that it is very gently and gently affects even the damaged, irritated scalp. The minimum of contraindications, the rarity of allergic reactions and almost always an excellent result - this is what made this oil popular among cosmetic products for the care of the most problematic hair.
In order not to be disappointed in the beneficial properties of apricot kernel oil, you need to be able to handle it correctly.
Apply apricot kernel oil
Proper use of apricot oil for hair is a guarantee of their quick recovery and high-quality moisturizing.
Therefore, try to adhere to these recommendations, do not deviate from these rules, and the results of these procedures will always please you:
- Purchase the product in pharmacies: there the whole product is uniquely tested, certified and legal, and therefore safe for home use. An excellent choice would be oils from the Moscow-based Aromarti company or the St. Petersburg-based Galenopharm. The cost varies from 90 to 400 rubles per 100 ml. The bottles may have Latin or foreign names: Prunus armeniaca, Oleum Armeniacae, Armeniaca vulgaris, Apricot Kernel Oil.
- Keep the healing liquid in a dark glass bottle tightly closed on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Do not place oil in direct sunlight or near heating devices.
- Contraindications for the use of apricot hair oil is individual intolerance. Lubricate your wrist with a small amount of a remedy: the absence of unpleasant sensations (burning, itching, blemishes, redness) will indicate that you can use it to heal your hair.
- Apricot seed oil is a basic cosmetic product, so before preparing homemade hair masks, it is recommended to warm it slightly to 35–45 ° C in a water or steam bath. If time is sorely lacking, hold it at least on the lid of a hot pot or kettle.
- This tool is versatile, combined with various foods, infusions and decoctions of medicinal herbs, many other cosmetic, essential, vegetable oils.
- Rub the mask with apricot oil into the scalp and hair roots first, and then use a regular comb to spread the strands on the canvas. Especially carefully moisten split ends, which can quickly and efficiently recover under the influence of this tool.
- Be sure to make the insulation of cellophane and terry thickened towels: apricot butter loves warmth.
- Time of action. Apricot kernel oil is non-aggressive: on the contrary, it acts on the scalp very gently. Therefore, in its pure form, it can be used in hair masks for quite a long time (up to 8–9 hours, that is, for the whole night). However, masks with it are held on the head for much less time, since among the other components there may be irritating substances (mustard, alcohol, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, citrus, etc.).
- Rinse with a shampoo, applied directly to the mask, dry, then moisten with water and lather again, rinse under a warm flowing stream.
- Frequency of use. If the hair requires maximum care, are in a neglected, sometimes simply disastrous condition, masks with apricot kernel oil are recommended to be made up to two times a week. If you turn to it only as a prophylactic, without waiting for damage and seborrhea, it will be enough to apply it every 7-10 days. The course of apricot hair restoration involves at least 15 masks, after which you take a break in a couple of weeks - and again resume the sessions of beauty and youth.
There is nothing difficult to use apricot oil for home hair treatment. Just follow these tips - and there will be no trace of damage, dryness, brittleness, and cuts of the strands.
Apricot Mask Recipes
Apricot oil for hair can be made at home a variety of means - masks, compresses, rinsing.
Choose what is more like your hair type:
- Classic night mask.
Heated apricot oil in its pure form rubbed into the skin on the head, massaging it for 3-4 minutes, treating each area. Smear the strands themselves with a small amount of oil, stab them, make the insulation.
- Apricot oil for split ends.
Heat a small amount of apricot oil, dip problem hair tips into it, hold in it for 1-2 minutes, rinse with shampoo. You can do such restorative procedures every day for a week.
- Adding to other cosmetics.
Feel free to add apricot oil (teaspoon) in shampoos, rinses and conditioners (2 tablespoons). It will give remedy restoring and strengthening properties.
- Moisturizing compress.
Clean wet gauze, folded in several layers, slightly moisten in warm oil, squeeze, put it on your head, put a plastic bag on top and wrap a head with a towel. Action time - at least an hour.
- Mask for dry hair.
Chamomile flowers (tablespoon) pour boiling water (100 ml), leave to cool, strain. Add in the resulting infusion apricot oil (teaspoon), glycerin (teaspoon), camphor spirit (tablespoon).
- Moisturizing mask.
Apricot oil (teaspoon) mix with the yolk.
- Soothing mask.
Mix apricot oil (a tablespoon) with patchouli ether and chamomile (4 drops of both).
- For greasy hair.
Mix warm milk and apricot oil (a tablespoonful), honey (teaspoon).
- Nourishing mask.
Mix apricot oil (tablespoon) with yolk, honey (tea spoon).
- Mask for head massage.
Add 5 drops of your favorite ester (almond oil, jojoba, avocado, wheat germ) to apricot oil (50 ml). Rub into the scalp, start to massage.
If you need to restore damaged strands in a short time, eliminate dandruff, activate hair growth, stop their loss, be sure to try apricot oil. It will have a healing effect on the scalp and save you from many diseases and hair problems.
Brief botanical reference and how to produce oil
The apricot ordinary is a fructifying tree.
According to the botanical terminology, it allows you to harvest the succulent stone farms of a round or elliptical shape.
Apricot fruits contain flat, dense seeds of high value.
The product is synthesized from fruit seeds using cold pressed technology.
The result is an environmentally friendly substance, saturated with a large number of useful substances.
That is why cosmetologists all over the world include recipes based on apricot kernel oil in a complex of medical and restorative hair treatments.
The chemical composition of apricot oil and its benefits for hair
The product is a valuable source of fatty acids, minerals and vitamins.
Curls gain health and aesthetic appeal.
Regenerating, nourishing, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic properties help to cope with excessive sensitivity and dryness of the scalp, depletion of the hair shaft, brittleness and loss.
Vitamins A, E, C make the strands soft and silky, organic and fatty acids provide recovery at a structural level, which returns shine, pleasant weight, strength and elasticity.
High concentrations of magnesium cause the restoration of full blood circulation.
This leads to a better nutrition of onions, suspends the loss of curls, affects the overall external characteristics of the strands.
The main indications for use for hair:
- brittleness, dryness, lifelessness,
- deterioration of general condition after sunbathing,
- loss of hair health after hairdressing procedures - persistent dyeing, carving, perm, extension,
- loss of luster and the formation of excised tips,
- the drug is permissible to use for eyelashes - it is applied with a clean brush from the mascara or a special applicator for the night.
Effective recipes hair masks with apricot oil
- Apricot Oil Mask - Night Care
The preheated oil is rubbed onto the scalp with successive fingertips.
The treatment area is gently massaged, which increases blood flow and absorption of active ingredients. Part of the oil palms is distributed on the curls.
Warming is carried out, the preparation is left for the night.
It is equally effective to use the product for aroma-scratching and wellness massage of the head.
This mixture should be used: 50 ml apricot oil, five drops of jojoba ether. Similar procedures are indicated for hair growth.
- Treatment of split ends with apricot oil
Affected strands are dipped into a container with heated oil for a few minutes.
The restoring mask is aged for several minutes and removed with shampoo.
For treatment, the mask is duplicated every day throughout the week. This is an indispensable procedure for hair ends.
- Enrichment of finished cosmetics
To enhance the benefits of all hair care products that are in stock for hair, 10 ml of apricot preparation is injected into each of them.
Conditioner, shampoo or balsam is thoroughly shaken and used for its intended purpose, but already have wider strengthening and regenerating possibilities, eliminating hair loss.
- Deep Moisturizing Compresses with Apricot Oil
Sterile pharmacy gauze dressings are treated with warm oil and applied to the scalp.
From above the cap from a shower is densely put on and all this turns around well heated-up towel.
Compress is not advisable to apply if the effect lasts less than an hour.
- Restoration of dry strands with apricot oil
The recipe combines 10 ml of camphor alcohol, glycerin, and apricot oil.
The composition is diluted with chamomile extract (100 ml / 20 g) and is used to treat the strands twice a week for two months.
The dry type is especially clearly in need of care, so the procedures can be carried out more intensively.
- Intensive moisturizing hair
Two egg yolks, rubbed with oil, evenly applied to the skin and hair.
To enhance the effect and soothe possible inflammations, four drops of chamomile and patchouli ether are introduced into the mixture.
If you add a whipped yolk to the composition of a hair mask with apricot oil, you get an excellent nourishing recipe for universal use.
- Treatment of excess sebum production with apricot oil
Apricot oil - 20 ml - combines with 10 grams of liquid honey and 20 ml of warm milk. After two months of regular treatment, the hair will get rid of excess fat.
For this type of aromatherapy, the recipe of which was presented above, is especially shown.
Contraindications to apricot oil
The use of the product can not be carried out in the presence of purulent lesions of the scalp and serious trichological diseases.
Allergy sufferers are recommended to test for the identification of individual intolerance by placing a drop of the drug on the crook of the elbow. If redness and itching did not develop after 15 minutes, the oil can be used for hair care.
The use of apricot oil for hair
Proper use of apricot oil for hair will make you the owner of thick and elastic curls. Here are some tips to help you achieve the desired result:
- It is recommended to buy the product in pharmacies or specialized stores of organic cosmetics. Pay attention to the composition. There may be the following names: Prunus armeniaca, Apricot Kernel Oil, Americana vulgaris. This oil is high quality.
- Purchased cosmetic product must be kept in the refrigerator, because the only way to keep all the beneficial substances in the composition. Also, the bottle should be made of dark glass. Remember that oil must be kept away from heating elements and batteries. Thus, you will not give a means to spoil ahead of time.
- Apricot oil is basic, so it should be slightly heated in a water bath before use. If there is no time for this, then you should at least hold the product on the hot lid of the pot or kettle.
- In rare cases, there is an allergy to apricot oil. It is very easy to check yourself for its presence: just put a small amount of the product on the inside of the elbow, smear it. If after 2 hours you have not noticed any redness, itching or burning, then it can be safely used.
Next, consider the recipes of masks for hair with apricot oil. Remember that in all recipes you need to respect the proportions indicated. Otherwise, the mask may be harmful.
Mask against hair loss
The problem of hair loss is now very relevant, since negative environmental factors have a detrimental effect on both the hair follicles and the curls themselves. A mask that is easy to make at home will help to cope with it. For its preparation we need the following ingredients:
- 4 drops of apricot oil,
- 3 drops of lemon oil,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1 onion medium size.
- Wash the onions, peel and cut into 4 parts, so it will be more convenient to work with them further.
- Grind onions with a meat grinder or blender with a nozzle to create mashed potatoes.
- After that, you need to take a gauze or a very fine sieve and strain the mush from the vegetable. You only need juice, so all solid residues can be immediately thrown away.
- Then proceed to the preparation of egg foam. Separate the yolk from the albumen and place in a separate bowl. Using a whisk, whisk until light foam.
- Add the beaten yolk to the onion juice and mix thoroughly. Making sure the consistency is uniform, you can add oil. Apricot must be preheated.
- The future mask must be drawn for half an hour. It can be applied only on wet, but unwashed hair. Smooth massage movements mixture is first rubbed into the roots, and then distributed over the entire length of the hair.
- Next, shake your head with plastic wrap and warm with a towel. The greenhouse effect will provide good absorption and penetrability of useful substances.
- Keep the mask for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water and shampoo.
The course of treatment is 1 month with a frequency of application 1 time per week. For preventive purposes, the mask is made 1 time in 14 days for 2 months. The effect of the procedure is the formation of new hairs that begin to appear after the first application.
Important! If during the period of application or action of the mask you feel a strong burning sensation and itching, it should be immediately washed off the hair.
It is worth noting that if the reason lies in some internal disruptions of the body, for example, in dysbiosis, then such a mask may not help. To achieve the effect, you need to eradicate the main cause of hair loss, which will only help a qualified specialist.
Dandruff brings discomfort to girls and women, makes them shy and brings self-doubt. As many people know, most shampoos against this disease simply do not work, because there is little active ingredient that fights the disease. But this problem is easily solved with the help of a mask with apricot kernel oil. She gives a beautiful view of your curls and scalp. The following components are necessary for its preparation:
- 1 tbsp. l sour cream
- 8 drops of apricot kernel oil,
- 1 tsp cocoa powder,
- 1 tbsp. l warm water.
How to make a mask:
- In order for the cocoa powder to mix well with the other ingredients, it must first be dissolved in warm water. You can do this in a small glass. However, it is important not to confuse the proportions, because with an excess of water the mask will turn out to be too liquid and will begin to drain from the hair, and if it is too small, the product will simply crumble. Ideally, you should have something like a paste.
- Making sure the consistency is correct, add sour cream. Stir well.
- Next, pour in apricot oil. The mask is ready.
- Apply it should be on moist clean hair, on the roots and evenly distributing over the entire length. Wrap the head with plastic wrap a towel over it.
- We hold the mask for 1 hour, after which we wash it off with warm water and ordinary shampoo. Balsams and other hair care products should not be used. It is better to dry the curls naturally, because the hair dryer will cause dryness.
It is recommended to make such a mask 2 times a week for 1 month. As a result, you will get healthy, glowing curls and delicate scalp without a hint of dandruff.
Dry hair recipe
The mask with oil from apricot kernels will help restore dry curls shine, elasticity and freshness. Its components act on the hair structure, strengthening and nourishing it. You can cook it at home. To do this, take the following ingredients:
- 6 drops of apricot oil,
- 3 drops of peppermint oil,
- 1 tbsp. l brandy
- 2 tbsp. l oatmeal,
- 50 ml of boiling water.
- First you need to prepare oatmeal as follows: pour them into a metal container, pour 50 ml of boiling water and quickly cover with a lid. Let it brew until cool.
- Then, using a blender, it is necessary to grind oats to a state of homogeneous slurry.
- In the resulting mixture pour brandy and mix.
- Add essential oils and leave for 15 minutes in a dark place.
- Before applying the mask, the head should be washed and dried, but not completely - the hair should be wet. We distribute the mixture over the entire length, and rub it into the roots with massage movements. Wrap hair with plastic wrap and warm towel.
- After 40 minutes, wash off the mask. It is possible to dry hair after it as with a towel, or naturally, but not with a hairdryer.
The course of treatment is 2 months. You need to make a mask 2 times a week. In severely neglected cases, reapplication may be required. In this case, you should take a break for 14 days and repeat the same procedure from the beginning. Hair after such a mask becomes obedient and smooth and looks like after salon procedures.
Laminated with apricot oil
Any girl knows how beautiful her hair looks after lamination. Flowing, shiny, falling on his shoulders strands. But such a procedure in the cabin is worth a lot. However, not everyone knows that this effect can be achieved at home. To make lamination with apricot oil, we need the following components:
- 1 tbsp. l gelatin,
- 3 tbsp. l hot water,
- 1 tbsp. l hair balm,
- 7 drops of apricot oil.
- First you need to dissolve the gelatin in hot, but not boiling water. For better effect, it is recommended to hold the mixture in a water bath until the substance is completely dissolved.
- After adding hair balm and apricot oil. All ingredients must be thoroughly mixed.
- Apply the mask should immediately, until the gelatin is not hardened again. Spread the mixture evenly over clean, damp hair. Then we wrap the head with plastic wrap and warm with a towel.
- We are waiting for 30 minutes, after which we wash off with warm water and shampoo. Drying curls is important exclusively in a natural way.
The effect of such a home lamination lasts 2 weeks. If desired, you can repeat the procedure for 2 months, after which let the curls rest for a month. Still, gelatin slightly weights the hair, even if it gives them a beautiful appearance.
It is necessary to take into account some recommendations that will help to maintain the result of lamination for a long time:
- within 2 days after the procedure, the hair cannot be fastened to the tail and braided, otherwise the lamination effect will be lost,
- the first few days it is undesirable to go out if it rains or snows there,
- after lamination, you can not wash your hair for 48 hours, so there is a risk to wash off substances that have not been absorbed from the surface of the hair,
- combing is recommended to be carried out only with devices from natural materials.
Hair after such a procedure becomes elastic, gain shine and shine. The substances contained in the gelatin fill in the damage in the hair structure and seal the split ends, and the apricot oil nourishes the curls and scalp.
The use of apricot oil in its pure form
Apricot oil for hair in its pure form is used to improve their overall condition. Also, this procedure is recommended for those who have disobedient curls and problems with combing. Thanks to the active components that make up the product, it will help to cope with tangled hair and give them a neat, well-groomed appearance.
For the procedure:
- Spread 4 drops of apricot seed oil on your fingertips. So it is slightly heated and will be ready for use.
- Begin to rub the oil with massage movements into the scalp, distributing it over the entire area of hair.
- Then take a comb made from natural materials, and slowly and carefully begin to drive on the curls. Thus, the oil envelops every hair.
- Wash your hair after such a procedure should be after 2 hours. If you wish, you can leave the so-called mask for the night, after covering your head with a plastic bag, so as not to stain the bed. Hair will become silky and soft.
It is recommended to carry out such combing with oil once a week for 3 months, after which a break of 21 days is necessary.
Reviews of apricot hair oil
I regularly make masks based on apricot oil for hair. I like its effect very much: it is soft, but at the same time amazing. My dry hair in a month turned into something beautiful! Now I advise him to all my friends and girlfriends!
Apricot oil perfectly nourishes and moisturizes the hair, charges with vitamins, gives shine and silkiness. After the mask with this oil, my hair looks more healthy and well-groomed, becoming softer and more obedient. Also, importantly, due to the light consistency, this oil is perfectly washed off from the hair for one shampooing.
Apricot oil is an affordable and beneficial hair care product. It will help you to achieve beautiful and lush curls with little effort. Be healthy and beautiful!