In the refrigerator or on the kitchen shelf, you can find an alternative to even expensive Botox. One of these products is starch, whose properties are refreshing and pulling up, cell renewal and acceleration of metabolism. The product is completely harmless and affordable. Starch products are more effective than expensive salon procedures, the effect can be seen after the first use, but the best and most popular recipes can be found below in the article.
Carbohydrates, sugars, proteins, and dietary fiber are what make up starch. It also contains vitamins PP, B, C. And, in the aggregate, these substances regenerate cells, renewing and restoring them. Calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron and other trace elements enrich the dermis with oxygen and keep the cellular moisture at the right level.
Starch is a natural substance and therefore in most cases it is safe to use.
When cooking alone, you can not use potatoes, in which the peel with green. Because in such tubers there is a poison of plant origin - corned beef.
With regular use of masks, which is based on this product of potato processing, the condition of the dermis changes for the better. It becomes younger, the micro-relief is aligned and the dermis is tightened, its sagging is reduced. Starch together with other carefully selected ingredients:
- nourishes the cells, tones them and moisturizes,
- accelerates the regeneration of "tired cells",
- causes the production of sebum secretion to normal.
Indications for use
When wrinkles, mimic, age begin to appear, the skin has lost its radiance and youth, its dull color is distressing, it glistens from excess sebum and fat, or it becomes flaky - it means it's time to try the masks from potato starch. In addition, the use of such home cosmetics will be appropriate if small inflamed areas appear, other signs of irritation or facial contours change due to sagging skin.
Instead of botox
Starch can be used at the first signs of aging. It can even replace Botox, as it fills wrinkles, smoothes them out, thus making the skin visually younger. The product of potato processing has no contraindications.
If there is minimal itching or mild irritation on the dermal coat after application, this may be a reaction to other components of the mask. Therefore, before using any drugs and recommended by dermatologists always conduct a test for an allergic reaction.
There are no contraindications to the use of pure starch. But to Botox shots there. Therefore, before going to the doctor for help, it is better and safer to experience masks based on starch and, thus, independently help your skin look younger and healthier.
Homemade Mask Recipes
Masks made at home will solve many problems that have arisen on the skin of the face. It is necessary to choose the right ingredients and tools, and also use regularly. Only then will the effect of the masks be observed:
The skin is cleared, fine wrinkles are eliminated if you apply a honey-milk mask twice a week. But the main component in it will still be starch. Mix in a small container 50 ml of warm milk of any fat content and a teaspoon of starch and non-candied natural honey. Good buckwheat or heather. Also in the mask includes two pinches of salt. Apply the first layer, after a quarter of an hour the second. Just keep the mask on the face, and then wash off.
From starch and tea tree oil
This is an effective product for oily skin with black spots. In cooking is simple. Take protein and whisk a little whisk. Add ten drops of tea tree oil and two teaspoons without the top of the starch. Make a homogeneous mass, and then gently apply to heated skin. Wash off the mask first with warm water, and then you can walk along the massage lines with an ice cube.
From starch and banana
It is a good tool for aging skin, aimed at its rejuvenation. To prepare the mask, you will need a tablespoon with a small pile of potato starch, as much ground into a state of banana puree and five grams of homemade cream. Mix the ingredients thoroughly so that the mass becomes homogeneous, and apply for 10-12 minutes on the skin of the face. Wash off, and then use your favorite nourishing cream.
From starch and eggs
To get rid of the greasy luster on the face and narrow the pores, you can try to make a mask consisting of ingredients such as starch (a tablespoon without a slide), egg white protein or two quail, juice from half a lemon. Preparation takes a minute and no more. In starch, add water at room temperature. How much so that after mixing a creamy substance is formed. Pour in lemon juice and protein. Mix well and apply for a quarter of an hour.
From starch and honey
When the dermal cover is dull, black spots appear and wrinkles appear, you can use a mask of starch and honey to improve the situation. You need a teaspoon of fresh honey. Add as much starch, table salt and some warm milk. The quantity is determined visually, but it is necessary that the mixture becomes a pasty. Gently apply a mask, and after 12-15 minutes, wash off.
If the tool begins to burn a little skin, you can wash it off a little earlier.
From starch and carrot juice
The mask made from these products, according to some reviews, is better than Botox in terms of effectiveness. So it is worth trying and seeing the performance. You must first prepare the base. To do this, pour 100 ml of water into the container and add a tablespoon of starch. Stir to avoid lumps. At this time, put on a saucepan a fire into which you need to pour half a liter of water and boil. Slowly pour the starch solution into it, stirring the jelly constantly with a spoon.
After a minute, remove from heat and wait until cool. Add 100 ml of fresh carrot juice and a tablespoon of sour cream or cream. Mix well and apply on face for 15–20 minutes.
If the top of the carrot, intended for the manufacture of juice is green, then it must be cut off.
Potato starch in cosmetology: the find number one
It is not difficult to explain the universal healing properties of starch; it is enough to see its composition. It contains many vitamins and a number of trace elements that nourish and heal the skin. This potato powder is especially rich in vitamins C and PP, choline, iron, potassium, carbohydrates. It also contains vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, E.
This fortified product is an excellent solution for the skin of the face. It promotes the regeneration of epidermal cells, nourishes them with oxygen, nourishes moisture and beneficial substances, protects the skin from the harmful effects of the environment, deeply cleanses the skin, regulates the functioning of the sebaceous glands, fights shine and tightens the skin, gives them energy .
But the strongest popularity was gained by the property of starch to rejuvenate the skin of the face, perfectly smoothing it and preventing the appearance of new wrinkles. In this case, the use of white powder is comparable to the use of Botox.
It can be concluded that masks using starch are shown in such cases:
- with fading and wrinkled skin (starch mask against wrinkles gives the epidermis elasticity, smoothes wrinkles and gives a healthy complexion),
- in the case of oily or dry skin (moisturizes or, on the contrary, dries the skin and eliminates an ugly shine, based on the additional ingredients of the mask),
- with sensitive skin suffering from the negative effects of external factors (enhances the protective function of the skin),
- in case of problem skin prone to rashes and pigmentation (fights rashes and evens the complexion),
- for cleansing, nutrition and energy of the skin of any type, including normal,
- for the prevention of wrinkles,
- in order to whiten the skin.
The versatility of potato miracle powder is emphasized by the fact that it has almost no contraindications due to its naturalness and mild effect on the skin. However, it is worth noting several contraindications that occur less frequently:
- individual intolerance of the product,
- open injuries (wounds, ulcers, cuts), purulent inflammations and other dermatological skin problems,
- herpes infection in the acute stage.
- French haircut - one of the most optimal options of all possible haircuts.
- To get rid of fine wrinkles and return a pleasant appearance, you can use the facial skin rejuvenation procedure, all the details are looking here.
The mask of starch instead of Botox - the realityAfter all, the main property of starch is the smoothing of wrinkles and the care of the skin with signs of wilting. Stop the attention on the following recipe, which will completely replace the trip to the beauty salon.
For the manufacture of the composition must be dissolved 1 tbsp. l starch powder in a glass of hot boiled water. After cooling the mass, supplement it with 5 tbsp. l fresh carrot juice and 1 tbsp. l greasy, better than homemade sour cream. The mixture should be homogeneous. You need to apply it in several thin layers: put one layer and wait until it dries, then apply the second, etc. Total - 5-6 layers.
After complete application, leave the compound for a third of an hour, then rinse with warm water. This composition can even lubricate the delicate skin near the eyes. The result will be noticeable after 15 sessions, but subject to the regularity of the procedure - a couple of times a week.
Starch mixes are also popular due to the lifting effect. The following mask will help tighten the epidermis, make it more elastic and remove unpleasant folds: mix equal proportions of starch and kefir (1 tbsp), add pounded protein. The use of the composition - 10-13 minutes, then it should be rinsed with cool water. With the frequency of the procedure 2-3 times in seven days, your face will shine with youth.
A perfect whitening effect will provide a mixture of starch powder and freshly squeezed lemon juice (you need to take them in the same proportions, for example, 1 tablespoon each). Starch softens the dramatic effects of lemon, so the skin does not suffer. After keeping the mixture on the face for 10 minutes, remove it with water at room temperature. Already after one-time use of the composition, the pigmentation will become much weaker, or even disappear altogether. The recommended frequency of the procedure is 1-3 times per week.
Cleansing of the skin
White powder penetrates deep into the epidermis and with the help of other components perfectly cleans it. Among the many recipes for starch-based scrub masks, let's dwell on the following: mix 1 tsp. starch, baking soda and coffee grounds (owners of dry skin can be supplemented with a mixture of a teaspoon of olive oil). Apply the composition to moisturized skin with massaging movements and leave for 10 minutes, followed by washing with warm water.
And finally - a unique mask of starch "4 in 1": it cleans and tightens the skin, and smoothes the folds, and removes dull complexion. The magic mixture is prepared as follows: combine 1 tbsp. l starch and salt in the composition pour 2 tbsp. l warm milk and 1 tsp. melted honey. Apply the mass with massaging movements in 2 layers for 10 minutes (the 2nd layer is applied after drying of the 1st). It is washed off with warm water. Do this procedure 1-2 times in seven days and enjoy the amazing effect.
Mixtures for oily and problem skin
- 1 tbsp. l Dissolve the main component in 100 ml of cold water, pour 500 ml of boiling water into the mixture and cook on low heat until thick. Next add the beaten protein and 1 tbsp. l oatmeal or chopped oats. The residence time of the composition on the face is 15-20 minutes, then it is washed off with warm water. This recipe will help remove oily shine, narrow pores and remove inflammation from the skin.
- Combine equal parts of starch powder, heated honey, fine salt and milk. Keep the mixture on the face for 20-25 minutes, then you should wash it with warm, then cool water. Thanks to this composition, there will be no trace of greasy shine.
- It perfectly disinfects, cleanses the pores and fights inflammations with the following composition: 1 tbsp. l starch, crushed protein and 5 drops of tea tree oil. After 10 minutes of use, flush away the mass with cool water. Squeezed aloe juice (1 teaspoon) is suitable instead of butter.
Masks for dry and sensitive skin
Combine the main component with milk at room temperature (1 tablespoon each), add 1 tsp to the mixture. peach oil (you can take olive, almond or corn oil). After 10-15 minutes, the mass on the face stays clean with warm water. This is an excellent nourishing and moisturizing agent.
To crushed persimmon add mashed yolk and 1 tsp. main ingredient and vegetable oil. After a 15-minute procedure, wash with warm water. This composition soothes the skin, saturate it with moisture and useful substances.
Rules for the use of cosmetic starch mixtures
A face mask made of starch is quite an effective remedy, but under the condition of its correct use. Remember these simple rules for applying starch masks:
- apply the composition to cleansed skin. It is advisable to use special means for cleansing (tonics, lotions). Well, if the skin is still steamed,
- as the starch tends to settle due to the large specific gravity, mix the composition immediately before use to achieve its uniformity,
- masks superimposed on slightly moist skin,
- do not be afraid to expand the range of application of the mask - use not only the skin of the face, but also parts of the neck and decollete,
- it is recommended to keep the starch mass on the face for 15-20 minutes, unless otherwise indicated in the recipe,
- wash the composition should be warm water (if the recipe is no other indication), it is better mineral. An additional effect will give the washing off of the composition with a decoction of herbs,
- after the procedure it is important to lubricate the skin with a nourishing cream,
- regularity of procedures is a guarantee of high efficiency. Do not forget to perform them 2-3 times per week in a general course of 10-14 procedures.
Making a mask of starch for the face is no different from the preparation of other cosmetic compositions. Remember that the mixture is prepared for a single use, products for its manufacture must always be fresh.
- Spider veins on the legs can be not only a cosmetic defect, but also the onset of varicose veins.
- When lifting the face, you can resort to surgery, or make a mask at home, or undergo acupuncture or hardware procedure, a full description.
The secrets of using starch not as a mask
Starch powder is recommended to use not only as a basis for face masks. Its medicinal properties will find their application in such a daily procedure as washing.
Using starch instead of soap will give the skin lightness, velvety and softness. Starchy washings are especially good for women with fading skin.You can wash with this tool at least every day, but do it right.
For washing, prepare such a solution: in a liter of warm boiled water, stir 1 tsp. white powder. Wash immediately after making the composition, so that the starch does not have time to settle on the bottom. Then rinse your face with warm water or a decoction of herbs.
Thanks to its cleansing properties potato starch has proven itself as a scrub. It can be used after removing makeup for deep cleansing of the epidermis. For this purpose, remember the following recipe: connect for 1 tsp. starch, gel for washing, mineral water, add a pinch of salt and soda to the mixture.
The resulting composition to massage the face for about 10 minutes, after which the scrub is removed with warm water. The recipe for a more emollient scrub is this: mix an equal amount of starch, salt, warm milk and honey, massage the face with a composition of 15 minutes, then also wash it off using warm water.
Miraculous powder has a beneficial effect on the vulnerable skin of the hands and feet. Starch-based trays moisturize, soften and nourish the chapped skin of the hands, as well as soften the effect on the coarsened skin of the heels and even heal cracks. Prepare such a bath is easy: dilute 1 tbsp. l product in a liter of warm water - and relax for 10 minutes.
Available natural products have many secrets. Study them and make full use of the gifts of nature - and you will always shine with youth and beauty. Remember the amazing properties of the mask of potato starch - your faithful cosmetic assistant.
The composition and properties of starch
Potato starch for the face has a positive effect on the skin, thanks to a variety of nutrients. After all, it consists of:
- Vitamin C. It promotes the revitalization of the cellular structure of the skin. Starch reliably protects it from destruction and promotes recovery.
- Niacin. Improves lipid metabolism and activates the growth of new cells, making them viable.
- Choline. The substance regulates fat metabolism and normalizes the process of sebum secretion.
- Potassium. The component helps moisturize the skin and helps it retain moisture in its structure.
- Iron. It improves blood circulation and oxygenation of blood.
- Carbohydrates. Give the skin cells energy.
The composition of the starch contains vitamins that improve the work of all tissue structures. This is thiamine, riboflavin and others.
What will give the skin starch
The mask of this tool is suitable for all types of skin, even sensitive. The effect is gentle, delicate and restorative. The facial benefits of potato starch are as follows:
- the remedy will help young skin to return a radiant look, eliminating signs of fatigue,
- dry peeling will reduce flaking, redness and inflammation, the feeling of tightness disappears completely,
- hypersensitive skin will reduce its susceptibility, greatly enhance the protective function, starch gently cares for it,
- oily derma improves its appearance, due to the normalization of the sebaceous glands, the pores will tighten and clean well, the skin turns into matte.
Mask for potato starch smooths fine wrinkles on the skin, significantly slows down age-related changes and whitens it. Most often, it is used for aging facial skin, on which the positive qualities of the product appear to the maximum.
The benefits of potato starch for the face are as follows: the masks will change the skin during a month. Many women claim that the drug has a botox effect. The skin is tightened and there is no negative effect on it.
For the face, you can use not only potato, but also corn starch. The first means a thicker consistency, so its anti-aging properties are higher. Corn starch is suitable for young girls, and older for women.
If there are no contraindications for the use of funds, it can be constantly used to improve the condition of the skin.
How to make masks
The tool can be used for any type of skin, given a number of nuances. Mask of potato starch for the face of wrinkles and other problems of the dermis has certain features.
- You must first prepare the skin for the procedure. With the help of foam or tonic should remove makeup. Rinse the face with water.
- Sponge, brush or fingertips tool is applied to the skin along the massage lines. Begins using the mask from the bottom up. Initially, the tool is applied to the chin area, from the corners of the lips to the ears. The mask is applied from the middle of the forehead to the hairline and temples. Additionally applied to the neck and décolleté. The area around the eyes remains clean.
- The mask should be evenly distributed on the skin surface.
- Within 20-25 minutes it is not recommended to move the facial muscles. Do not touch the mask with your hands. It is best to lie down and relax.
- The product is removed from the face with a soft sponge dipped in water. Then it is washed without the use of soap. Sometimes herbal decoctions or milk are used instead of water.
At the very end of the procedure, apply a nourishing cream on the face to soothe and moisturize the skin.
In the process of making a mask, you must observe the following rule: dilute starch with warm liquid only. This can be a herbal infusion, milk, and more. If you do not take into account this condition, then the mask will present lumps and it will fall poorly on the face. Even worse effect will arise if the starch is diluted with boiling water. In this case, the result is glue that will only harm the skin.
If there is no potato starch on hand, you can use corn. It is also rich in beneficial substances that positively affect the dermis. For masks, you must use only quality ingredients.
When choosing a mask component, be sure to consider their tolerance by the skin. Before the procedure, you must conduct a test. Apply a small amount to your wrist. If redness and other allergic reactions do not appear, the mask may be applied without fear.
How to smooth the skin
According to reviews, potato starch for the face of wrinkles is used in combination with various components.
To prepare the mask used starch (30 g), 1 tbsp. spoonful of sour cream and 80 g of carrot juice.
The preparation process does not take much time. Starch is dissolved in 100 ml of water. Then the resulting mass is gradually poured into boiling water (500 ml). On a low heat to cook the mixture until thick. The result should be a mass that is similar in texture to a thick cream. Cool and add remaining ingredients. To stir thoroughly. The mask is applied to the skin with a thin layer. If the face has a large number of wrinkles, then you can use the second layer. This should be done quickly so that the previous one does not have time to dry.
The tool is allowed to apply every day. The positive effect becomes noticeable after 4 days of continuous use.
The mask with the effect of Botox can be on the face for no more than 25 minutes. The remaining product should be stored in a cool place for 3 days. This should be done as a last resort, because then the mask loses a lot of useful substances.
To get rid of wrinkles, face mask with potato starch is prepared using several components. One tablespoon of the product is combined with milk. Add to the mixture of teaspoon of peach or olive oil. On the face to hold 15 minutes. Wash off with water.
For faded and tired skin
Potato starch from the face of wrinkles can be used to restore the dermis.
The main components of the mask include: 1 teaspoon of starch, egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a little tomato pulp.
Before preparing the mask, the tomato is doused with boiling water, the skin is removed from it. Then the rest of the ingredients are added to its pulp. The resulting tool is applied to the face with a thin layer. Mask hold for 10 minutes. Then the product is washed off with warm water.
To restore the life of faded skin, the following remedy is prepared. The main components include: 1 tbsp. spoonful of starch, 20 ml of cream and a small banana.
Fruit carefully knead and add the remaining ingredients. The result is a viscous mass. It is applied to the skin in several stages. When the first layer dries, apply the second and then the third.
The mask is held on the face for 30 minutes. The effect of its use appears after 2 weeks and lasts 3 months. It is necessary to carry out the procedure once a week for 60 days.
Masks with anti-aging and whitening effect
Means with a similar effect, suitable for everyone. Potato starch for the face as a rejuvenation pushes the cells of the dermis to active life and restores them.
To achieve this effect, you must:
- For sensitive skin. Mix 1 tbsp. spoon starch, 1 teaspoon of milk and 5 ml of peach oil.
- For oily dermis. 1 tbsp. spoon starch diluted with water to the state of a thick cream. In the mass add 5 drops of lemon juice and egg yolk.
- For normal skin. For masks mixed art. spoon starch and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix components and dilute with warm milk to a paste.
Masks must be carried out every other day, the full course is designed for 1 month. The exposure time is 30 minutes.
How to whiten your face with potato starch? To obtain a similar effect, it is necessary to prepare a mask. Its composition in equal proportions include starch and hydrogen peroxide. They are thoroughly mixed to obtain a homogeneous composition. The tool is applied to the face and incubated for 15-20 minutes. It is not recommended to keep such a remedy on the face.
As a bleaching agent, use a mixture that consists of 1 tbsp. spoons of starch and the same amount of lemon juice. The positive effect will be noticeable after the first procedure, and pigment spots will lighten. Sometimes 1-2 drops of tea tree oil are used to enhance the positive effect.
To save the skin from yellowness, use egg white and 1 tbsp. spoon of kefir and starch. This tool is applied to the face with a thick layer. Stand 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
In cosmetology, acne is one of the most pressing problems. People of any age and sex suffer from them. There are unique recipes for masks for the face of potato starch.
- For dry skin. To prepare the product, mix 4 drops of tea tree oil, egg white and a spoonful of starch. Apply to skin for a quarter of an hour. It is best to carry out the procedure in the evening.
- For fatty skin type. Mix h. Spoonful of starch, Art. spoon of kefir and egg white. The mask perfectly keeps on the face and does not spread on it. Apply it for 15 minutes. Sometimes a few drops of lemon juice are added to the mask to enhance the effect.
- For the skin with signs of aging. For the preparation of the mask is mixed in 1 tsp of starch and cocoa powder, Art. spoonful of sour cream and some liquid honey. Thoroughly mix the components of the product and apply on face for a quarter of an hour.
The course of treatment consists of 10 procedures and is carried out every 2 days. After exposure time, rinse off with water.
There is a prescription acne mask for young skin, which has a positive effect and does not harm.
To prepare the tools will need the following components: 2 teaspoons of starch and oatmeal, egg. Initially separate the protein and whip it. Grind flakes. Mix them with protein and other ingredients. Apply on face and wash in 20 minutes.
Potato starch for the face may not apply in all cases, there are some restrictions on its use. This happens extremely rarely, because allergy to the drug is extremely rare.
Masks should not be applied to the skin during a period of serious inflammatory processes. And it can be cuts or open wounds, as well as herpes. If there are no inflammations on the face, then you can safely apply potato starch to the skin of the face. Carry out the procedure should be no more than 2-3 times a week.
Excellent effect can be found after 10-12 sessions, although much depends on the individual characteristics of the skin.
Opinions on the use of funds, mostly positive. According to reviews, potato starch for the face has an effective effect on the skin. Women note the instant smoothness of the dermis. After removing the product from the skin, the face becomes smooth and even.
On the matting of the skin mention girls who have a fat type of dermis. After the first session, they note a decrease in the release of fat. The main thing in this case is regularity. It is recommended to hold masks at least once a week.
Many women are pleased with a pronounced tightening effect. As a result, you can feel the elasticity of the skin. This is achieved if you regularly use starch in home cosmetology.
Another group of women reported feeling a strong tightening of the skin after holding a mask of starch. Experts say that the lifting effect of the procedure is manifested in this way.
According to reviews, face masks made from potato starch significantly reduce wrinkles on the skin and improve the complexion. They note that the tool has a positive effect on the dermis, if carried out procedures regularly.
Girls who suffer from acne and other skin problems, after several sessions, notice a significant improvement in the condition of the dermis. They managed to completely get rid of acne.
Potato starch for the face - a universal remedy that is suitable for almost all skin types. It practically does not cause allergic reactions. Adding various components to the mask will help achieve a quick positive effect. Starting the fight against acne and ending with the rejuvenation of the skin. Starch is any woman in the kitchen, because it is actively used to prepare various dishes.
Effect on the dermis
Rejuvenating and tightening effect of the product is due to its rich composition.
Starch is rich in:
- Carbohydrates. Contribute to the nourishment of the skin, the return of tired dermis energy.
- Potassium. It helps to maintain a normal level of moisture in the dermis, as well as prevent its evaporation from the epidermis.
- Iron. He takes an active part in the blood circulation process, and also contributes to feeding the dermis with oxygen.
- Choline. Contributes to the normalization of the functioning of the fat and sebaceous glands. Starch face masks are versatile, they are suitable for owners of both a fat type of dermis and a dry one.
- Tocopherol. Helps in accelerating the synthesis of collagen and elastin fibers in the cells responsible for the youth and elasticity of the skin at any age.
- Folic acid Helps to reduce the adverse effects on the dermis environment.
- Niacin. Takes an active part in oxidative and reductive reactions, promotes cell awakening.
- Pyridoxine. This substance has a pronounced therapeutic effect, prevents the occurrence of various infectious and fungal pathologies.
- Pantothenic acid. Helps smooth wrinkles and delay the aging process of the dermis.
- Riboflavin. Helps in the normalization of cellular respiration and improving the complexion.
- Thiamine It has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, helps in the elimination of acne and acne.
- Ascorbic acid. It has a powerful regeneration effect, helps prevent cell destruction. Vitamin C is an effective aid in the fight against free radicals.
The following effects of starch-based formulations are known: regenerative, anti-inflammatory, rejuvenating, wellness.
Starch species for masks
In cosmetology practice, not only potato, but also corn, rice, wheat and rye starch are common. Corn starch has a white color and an unpleasant aroma.
For the manufacture of cosmetics used as cornmeal, and starch. As for rice starch, it has whitening properties. Potassium, which is part, helps to get rid of dryness.
Each type of starch is useful and has its own set of useful properties. However, if you choose from them, many prefer it to potato starch. This product is a storehouse of beneficial properties and substances.
In addition to the fact that the powder from potato tubers is the softest, since it consists of rounded particles, it also contributes to:
- normalization of the functioning of the sebaceous glands,
- moisturizing the dermis,
- rejuvenation and healing of the skin,
- elimination of mimic wrinkles.
The face mask of starch is easy to prepare and use. Another advantage of potato starch is the low cost and prevalence of the product.
From starch and kefir
The mask from starch and kefir will help problem skin, eliminate wrinkles and small inflammations.
Mix egg white or two quail with the same amount of yogurt. Add a tablespoon with a small slide of starch. Stir thoroughly so as not to form lumps and can be applied to the face. 12-15 minutes is enough.
The tool, with regular use will help get rid of acne. To prepare the mask you will need one tablespoon of crushed oatmeal and potato starch. As well as chicken egg white. All the ingredients need to be combined and apply the cough-like remedy to the skin. Enough to keep on face for twenty minutes.
The mask is effective for fading skin, but a certain regularity of application is required. Only then will the result be noticeable. It will take half a red tomato of medium size (it needs to be ground, after pouring boiling water over it, to make it easier to peel). Add 5 ml of cold-pressed olive oil and a tablespoon without the top of the starch to tomato gruel. Stir until smooth and apply to skin. After fifteen minutes, the mask can be washed off.
Starch for the face: indications, contraindications and rules of application
Starch masks are versatile. They can be used by owners of any type of dermis. In addition, compositions with starch have a minimum number of contraindications and disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of the use of starch for the face and compositions of it include the need to undergo a course of procedures and low efficiency in the fight against deep wrinkles.
Their starch masks are effective in combating:
- visible signs of wilting and aging of the dermis: wrinkles, loss of elasticity and elasticity,
- acne and acne,
- problem skin,
- excessive dryness or oily dermis.
Some women have long switched to hypoallergenic cosmetics. Starch - one of the components of the powder. The remaining components of the powder - cinnamon and clay.
This product is useful for the face, as it has a therapeutic effect, saturates the cells with beneficial substances, fights against excess fat and helps prevent the appearance of age-related changes in the skin.
For dry skin
Starch remedy for dry skin can be prepared from a set of products that are in the fridge of any hostess. In a bowl dilute a tablespoon of starch with milk to a semi-liquid state. Put the saucepan on a slow fire, pouring a glass of milk into it. Before boiling, pour a thin stream into it, stirring the starch solution continuously and carefully. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, add any oil. Better olive, almond. Brush apply on face and leave for 10-12 minutes.
Who should not use starch masks
There are not many contraindications to the use of starch masks, but they are still available. It is not recommended to use face masks from starch for women with the presence of individual intolerance of components, wounds on the dermis, dermatological pathologies in the acute stage. Some recommendations on the use of masks from starch.
Starch, if mistreated, can become useless. Masks are very easy to prepare. The main thing to get acquainted with the basic rules of the preparation and use of starch.
- In fact, starch in rare cases causes the appearance of allergic reactions. But just in case, it is better, nevertheless, before applying the composition to conduct a sensitivity test. It is necessary to put a little money on the wrist. If after five hours there is no itching, burning, rash, redness, the composition can be safely used.
- Starch must be diluted with an extremely warm liquid (milk, infusion). If the water is cold, the starch simply does not dissolve, the composition will be granular and it will fall poorly on the face.
- To get the maximum effect from the mask you should not leave a lot for a long time. It is preferable to apply the agent immediately after preparation.
- To enhance the cosmetic effect in the mask, you can add a variety of products. Berries, skim milk products, citrus juices are suitable for the fat derma, and cream, fat sour cream, egg yolk, fruit and vegetable juices are suitable for the dry derma.
- Before each procedure, it is necessary to clean the face of cosmetics and wash. It is equally important to steam the face. For this, it is recommended to use steam baths on herbs.
- Apply the composition to the face evenly.
- Once the starch begins to dry, you can re-apply the tool.
- The duration of the procedure is a quarter of an hour.
- Rinse the face off with preferably warm water.
- If there is a large amount of acne on the dermis, and there is acne, or the dermis is too fat or, on the contrary, too dry, the masks should be done twice a week. If the skin is in normal condition and the mask is used for prophylaxis, one procedure per week will be sufficient.
- The duration of the course in the presence of serious problems - 15 procedures.
- The duration of the prophylactic course is 10 procedures.
- For masks it is necessary to use only fresh starch.
On oily skin, you can prevent the appearance of black spots, various rashes, eliminate oily shine, adjust the pores with a special mask. Squeeze a teaspoon of juice from the leaves of aloe, add to it the beaten protein and a tablespoon of starch. After the mass becomes homogeneous applied to the face. It is enough to hold the product on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
One of the most effective pull-up masks. Take a tablespoon of starch and kefir or whey and one protein. The mixture is applied for 15–20 minutes on a previously prepared face.
The effect of the application will be even more noticeable visually, if you wipe the face with an ice cube after removing the nutrient.
For sensitive skin
For this type of dermis, regular soothing masks should be used. Especially good for this starch in combination with other products. Such as milk and vegetable oils: olive, peach, almond. To create a nutrient mixture, these products are taken in the same quantity. Milk is better to warm up a little. The tool is applied for a quarter of an hour.
Wrinkle Starch: The Best Mask Recipes
There are many recipes for masks based on starch. Regular and proper use of masks will contribute to a significant improvement in the condition of the dermis, its healing and rejuvenation. Wrinkle starch is one of the most effective products. One course of procedures will replace expensive cosmetic procedures, in particular Botox shots. The main thing is to strictly observe the proportions of the components and regularly carry out procedures.
- Masks with starch from wrinkles.
- It is necessary to mix banana puree - 10 grams with starch - a tablespoon and cream - 10 grams. The composition is applied to the dermis, for a quarter of an hour.
- You need to mix the starch - a teaspoon with the pulp of fresh tomato - 10 grams, olive oil - ½ teaspoon and egg yolk. This mask with starch is very effective. It helps to eliminate both fine and deep wrinkles.
- Mask for dry and sensitive dermis. It is necessary to mix a teaspoon of starch with olive or almond oil - a teaspoon and warm milk - the same amount. The composition is applied to the dermis, for a quarter of an hour.
- Means for fat type of a derma. It is necessary to combine 10 ml of milk with the same amount of lime honey, a teaspoon of starch and chopped sea salt. The product is applied for twenty minutes. It is important to avoid contact with the compound around the eyes.
- Mask for any skin. You need to mix diluted starch in warm water with honey. Means is applied on the face for a quarter of an hour. This composition will saturate the dermis with a mass of useful substances, improve it and tighten it.
Regular and proper use of masks will help in smoothing wrinkles. This product will make the skin supple, healthy and young. Proof of the effectiveness of starch for the face are numerous positive reviews of women who used masks based on this product.
Valentine, cook, 44 years old. I know about the miraculous properties of starch for a face for a long time. The masks from this product are an excellent substitute for expensive cosmetic procedures. I apply a wrinkle mask twice a week. After ten procedures, the result was visible, but I do not stop and continue to use the tool.
Irina, manager, 49 years old. I have oily skin. Not only does a rash periodically appear, so many wrinkles appear with age. A friend advised starch mask. Preparing a tool is simple, the ingredients are inexpensive, and the effect is overwhelming. Not only did the skin condition improve significantly, wrinkles smoothed out, and all this after seven treatments.
How to cook
The main ingredient of starch masks can be easily prepared by yourself:
- Peel the potatoes and grate them on the smallest grater.
- Prepare a piece of gauze or cotton fabric. Spread the potato mass, tie the gauze so that the ground tubers are in the bundle.
- Pour cold water into a saucepan.
- Put the knot in it. The end of the fabric can be tied to the handle of the saucepan.
- A white precipitate will form at the bottom of the tank. This is starch. To speed up the process the bag can be slightly suppressed.
- When the dregs settle, the water is drained. The resulting starch can be used for masks by adding other necessary ingredients there.
Before applying the nutritional composition of the skin must be cleaned. This will enhance the effect.
General rules and advice on the use and use
There are no special rules for the use of starch masks, other than others:
- regular application 2-3 times a week. Courses up to 15 procedures. Then take a break,
- depending on its type and expected result, they are kept on the skin for 10 to 20 minutes,
- before applying the nutrient, the skin is thoroughly cleaned, and after the procedure it is washed off with water at room temperature or slightly warmed,
- in the area of the lower and upper eyelids composition should be applied very carefully.
Starch can be taken not only potato, but also corn. This will give almost the same effect.
If you regularly use starch masks with the appropriate ingredients, then visually the skin will become younger, cleaner in each case:
- withering, age. Wrinkles are gradually smoothed. The skin becomes fresher, firmer,
- dry skin. There will be irritation, peeling will disappear,
- fatty There is a narrowing of pores, disappears greasy, black dots.
What is starch?
- it is a tasteless powder synthesized by various plants in chloroplasts, of white color of granular structure.
If the starch is rubbed between the fingers, you can hear the characteristic creaking. It is caused by friction of particles against each other.
Due to its chemical composition and safety of use, starch is widely used in cosmetology.
How is starch useful for skin?
The effect of lifting and, as a result, the effect of rejuvenation is associated with the presence in the composition of starch of a whole group of certain substances:
- In its composition there is a very considerable amount of ascorbic acid. Vitamin C enhances the regenerative capacity of damaged cells. In addition, it inhibits the formation of free radicals that damage skin cells.
- Thiamine and thiamine-like substances. Another name is vitamin B1. It is famous for its properties to resist inflammation.
- Riboflavin, known as vitamin B2. Its function is that it participates in the processes of cellular respiration. As a result, there is an improvement in the complexion.
- Starch has the properties of lifting, due to the content in it of pantothenic acid, which is called vitamin B5. Under the action of this vitamin, wrinkles are smoothed and skin aging processes are inhibited.
- Pyridoxine or vitamin B6 is able to resist fungal infections of the skin.
- Niacin or vitamin B3 is involved in redox reactions occurring in the skin cells.
- Vitamin B9, which is referred to as folic acid, counteracts the effects of surrounding external factors on the skin.
- Tocopherol or vitamin E. Under its influence, elastic and collagen fibers are synthesized more intensively. The skin is smooth and elastic. It is often called the beauty vitamin. These masks are able to get rid of wrinkles.
- Contained and substances like vitamins. For example, choline content is noted. Under his influence, glands of sebaceous and fatty character are put in order. This circumstance determines the universality of the use of starch. With it, you can take care of any type of skin and apply masks for both dry and oily skin.
- Iron. This element takes part in the processes associated with blood formation and blood circulation. And blood, as you know, provides cells with the necessary amount of oxygen.
- Potassium. He has the role of regulating the moisture content in the dermis. It provides an obstacle to excessive evaporation of moisture from the skin.
- The role of providing skin cells with energy belongs to carbohydrates.
Why does starch have a lifting effect and replace botox?
Masks from starch have a good lifting effect, this is because when wet starch swells, and its texture becomes sticky.
Because of this, when applied to the skin, starch has a tightening effect, the skin is smoothed and becomes smoother, even wrinkles disappear.
Such botox from starch can be done at home.
Of course, the effectiveness of the mask with injections is very difficult to compare, but a certain pronounced effect can certainly be achieved.
But in order for the effect to be as pronounced as possible, one must be able to prepare masks with starch.
Starch face masks - recipes
Masks from starch are shown for both young and fading skin.
- Botox Mask of Starch and Milk
You will need a teaspoon of potato starch and the same amount of olive oil and warm milk.
Starch is diluted with milk and butter is added to the mixture.
A similar mask should be applied for 15 minutes, and then wash with water at room temperature.
- Egg white starch mask
If you need to clean and tighten the skin, then the following mask recipe from starch will do.
A teaspoon of starch powder is mixed with the same amount of water.
It should be warm.
To this mixture is added 1 egg white and quite a bit of lemon juice. Just 2 drops is enough. On the face of such a mask is enough to be a quarter of an hour.
- Mask of starch around the eyes
It is very easy to prepare a mask around the eyes of starch.
The calculation is carried out on 2 cups of boiling water.
To do this, take the potato starch in the amount of 50 g
Other components of the composition are carrot juice and sour cream. They need to take 50 and 20 g, respectively.
First of all, starch powder is added to the water, and then all other components. Components should be thoroughly mixed.
Then this mixture is put on the fire and kept under constant stirring until it thickens.
A mask on the face should not be given for more than 20 minutes, as carrot juice will leave yellow spots on the skin.
This mask of starch and carrot juice will help get rid of wrinkles around the eyes.
- Banana Starch Mask
If there is a problem skin characterized by dryness, then a mask of starch and banana will be very useful.
Prepare it completely easy.
We must take one banana.
It must be ripe, and its size is average. To the crushed banana pulp is added a tablespoon of starch.
Pre-face smeared with nourishing cream. On the face mask is ½ hour.
After that, it must be removed with a cotton swab.
The duration of the course of such procedures is 1 month. Masks are applied every other day.
After the completed course, a break of 1 month is also mandatory.
- Mask of starch and sour cream
You will need 400 ml of water and one tablespoonful of starch and sour cream.
Water serves to dissolve starch. He is boiling for a quarter of an hour with water in a water bath.
After the paste is ready and cold, take 5 tablespoons of it and add sour cream to it. Applying a mask involves several layers.
The exposure time of the procedure is 20 minutes.
The part of the paste that is left can be put in the refrigerator and used for the next procedure.
This mask is highly effective, smoothes and tightens the skin.
How is potato starch useful and how does it affect the skin ↑
To begin with, it is necessary to tell about the positive qualities of potato starch, thanks to which it has become quite often used as the main component for various masks.
The use of this powdery substance in home cosmetology has been practiced for a long time, many women highly appreciate the beneficial effects of starch on the skin and regularly use it when performing cosmetic procedures. Due to the unusual chemical composition, masks with potato starch successfully combat excessive pigmentation of the skin.
In addition, masks based on this substance can smooth shallow wrinkles, tighten the skin and can return it to its former elasticity and elasticity. This beneficial effect on the skin can be compared with the results that are obtained after conducting Botox injections. But unlike the latter, the use of starch masks is completely safe and can in no way harm your health.
Separately, mention should be made of the beneficial micro and macro elements that are contained in starch and additionally have a positive effect on the skin:
- Iron is an element involved in the formation and transfer of blood in our body. Helps nourish the dermis cells with nutrients and oxygen.
- Potassium - is involved in the processes of moisture exchange. The skin is moistened and holds the volume of fluid it needs, allowing it to function normally.
- Vitamin B4 - regulates the work of the fat glands of the skin, reduces the amount of sebum produced and prevents the formation of acne.
- Carbohydrate compounds - nourish the skin.
- Vitamin C - restores dead cells of the dermis and promotes the generation of new ones. It also has antibacterial properties.
- Vitamin PP also performs a restorative function and does not allow slowing down the processes that occur inside the cells.
Of course, this is not a complete list of useful elements contained in starch. Other micro and macronutrients are present here in a smaller volume, but also have a beneficial effect on the skin condition.
Anti-aging mask with starch ↑
This mask makes the dermis literally glow and makes it much softer. Moisturizing and toning of the dermis occurs, shallow wrinkles are smoothed out. In addition, this tool is anti-inflammatory and contains all the trace elements necessary for skin repair.
So, you will need:
- Two and a half tablespoons of starch,
- One egg white,
- Half a teaspoon of minced cucumber,
- Half a teaspoon of lemon juice,
- Half a teaspoon of honey,
- Half a teaspoon of green clay,
- A quarter of a teaspoon of dry powdered hyssop officinalis (St. John's wort).
All the ingredients are well mixed in order to make the mass more homogeneous, grind the hyssop in a mortar, or use a coffee grinder.
The resulting mixture is applied to cleansed and dried skin of the face. You can also put this mask on the neck, it is suitable for this area. Wait until the mass dries, usually it takes 10-15 minutes, and then rinse it with warm water.
If you didn’t use all the volume cooked, you can put the leftovers in the refrigerator. The mask is kept in such conditions for 3-4 days.
Perform this procedure first 3 days in a row, and then support the results obtained by making such a mask once a week. You will quickly notice positive changes related to the health of your skin. Starch activates collagen deep in your dermis, the rest of the ingredients will clean your pores and narrow them, disinfect the surface of the skin and nourish it.
Starch mask for fading skin ↑
This mask is a kind of scrub, and ordinary salt will act as an exfoliating ingredient. To prepare this peeling agent, you will need to mix a tablespoon of starch, a teaspoon of fine salt, a teaspoon of fresh honey and dilute it all with a small amount of warm milk to make the mixture less dense.
You need to use this scrub according to the standard scheme: we clean the skin of the face from the remnants of cosmetics and wash our face with warm water. Apply our mixture to wet skin and apply light massage movements using fingertips. After a few minutes, we wash our face with warm water and let the skin dry.
If desired, after the procedure, you can additionally apply a moisturizer to the skin, this will help your dermis to recover faster. Apply such a scrub is better not more than once or twice a week. If the skin is too sensitive, then it is better to refuse such a mask altogether.
I suggest you take a closer look at home procedures, slowing down the processes of skin wilting, read the article "Recommendations for skin care for its renewal"
Starch mask with the effect of "Botox" ↑
This mask is considered an analogue of Botox injections. All ingredients are available, so you will have no difficulty making it yourself. Regularly carrying out this procedure, you will get rid of shallow wrinkles, as well as moisturize and nourish the skin of the face.
So, you will need half a glass of purified water (if you wish, you can take mineral water without gas), into it we pour a tablespoon of potato starch and mix well. Pour the solution into the saucepan and add another half cup of hot water to it, turn on the fire and wait for thickening, then immediately remove from the stove.
When the mixture has cooled slightly, add about five tablespoons of freshly squeezed carrot juice, as well as two or three teaspoons of rich sour cream. We mix everything and, if the mass is already sufficiently cooled, apply it with a thin layer on the skin.
Soak for about half an hour, then rinse with warm water and use a moisturizer. We remove the remnants of the mask in the fridge; here they can be stored for up to three days. This procedure should be done 3 days in a row, then the results will be most effective.
Mask with starch for lightening and smoothing skin tone
If you dream of an even complexion, then we recommend to pay attention to this universal mask. Why universal? The fact is that by adding and excluding some of its components, you can make a product that is ideally suited to your skin type.
So, you will need:
- Two tablespoons of potato starch,
- A small amount of rose water
- A few drops of lemon juice (if the skin is oily),
- Half a teaspoon of honey (if the skin is dry).
If you have a normal skin type, then do not add either honey or lemon juice, just mix the starch with rose water, in such proportions that the mass will turn out to be creamy. The resulting mixture should be applied to clean skin and soak for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
Repeat the procedure should be no more than 3 times a week, as a result, the color of your face evens out, and pigment spots and uneven tone will become imperceptible. By the way, if you feel a slight burning sensation while holding the mask, do not worry, this is normal and only indicates that the mixture removes your dead cells from the surface of the skin.
Video "Starch in place of Botox"
See how you can use starch at home. Enjoy watching.
As you can see, the benefits of starch on the skin of the face are truly enormous. Using our recipes, you can masterly apply this product to achieve a particular cosmetic purpose. But the biggest plus of such procedures is that they are completely safe, so you can not sacrifice your health to get beauty. That's what I have. Click the buttons of your favorite social networks and share this article with your girlfriends.