Psychologist, Supervisor, Psychoanalyst Training Analyst. Specialist from the website b17.ru
What you are doing is depilating. Epilation will help you
Hair removal through each topic. Why are you really unable to cope with your own hair ?!
Hair removal through each topic. Why are you really unable to cope with your own hair ?!
Hair removal through each topic. Why are you really unable to cope with your own hair ?!
Hair removal through each topic. Why are you really unable to cope with your own hair ?!
Moderator, I draw your attention that the text contains:
New for today
The user of the site Woman.ru understands and accepts that he is solely responsible for all materials partially or fully published by him using the Woman.ru service.
The user of the site Woman.ru guarantees that the placement of the materials submitted to them does not violate the rights of third parties (including but not limited to copyrights) and does not damage their honor and dignity.
The user of the site Woman.ru, by sending materials, is thus interested in publishing them on the site and expresses its consent to their further use by the editors of the site Woman.ru.
Network edition "WOMAN.RU" (Woman.RU)
The certificate of registration of mass media EL No. FS77-65950, issued by the Federal Service for Supervision in the field of communications,
Information Technology and Mass Communications (Roskomnadzor) June 10, 2016. 16+
Founder: Limited Liability Company “Hurst Shkulev Publishing”
What do experts say?
This is an ambiguous issue that requires detailed consideration. Most doctors agree that hair removal during pregnancy is an undesirable procedure. This is due to a number of reasons. Firstly, such methods are quite painful, and the expectant mother needs no extra stress. In addition, even if you are not doing the procedure yourself, but using the services of a specialist, this does not exclude excessive strain on certain muscle groups.
Another argument against hair removal is the possible exacerbation of allergic reactions in expectant mothers. That is why you should be extremely careful with cosmetic waxes, shugaring pastes and other products. And, of course, do not forget about the danger of varicose veins.
However, doctors can not give a definite answer to the question of whether it is possible to do hair removal during pregnancy. They are limited to general guidelines and cautions. The final decision is up to you anyway.
To whom is epilation absolutely contraindicated?
In order to understand whether you can do hair removal during pregnancy, you need to know your body very well. As you know, in the period of gestation of the fetus, the immunity of the woman is weakened, and therefore the existing diseases can worsen. In this regard, the painful procedures for hair removal should not be resorted to in such cases:
- the presence of any skin diseases and the slightest damage to the epidermis,
- diabetes of any type
- the presence of malignant and benign neoplasms,
- herpes virus infection
- scars on the skin
- high blood pressure and arrhythmia
- mental disorders.
Epilation during pregnancy: pros and cons
With pregnancy is associated with many will, superstition and prejudice. But over time, they lose their power. During the period of carrying a child, women still want to care for themselves in order to look perfect. Rounded tummy - this is not a reason to abandon short dresses and trips to the beach. But the problem of unwanted vegetation on the body can be a serious obstacle.
Many women believe that hair removal during pregnancy is unacceptable. This statement is proved by the fact that pain and other unpleasant feelings do not benefit the mother and her future baby. That is why ladies often go for shaving and depilatory creams for all 9 months. If before pregnancy you have never done hair removal, then you should not start experiments before giving birth.
Nevertheless, even for future mothers in the epilation, you can find positive moments. The main one is a long-lasting effect, as well as a gradual weakening of the intensity of hair growth. In addition, if you seek help from an experienced specialist, it will save you from excessive muscle tension. In a comfortable posture and a pleasant conversation, you will not feel the pain so sharply. But the daily shave (especially if the hair grows strongly) brings a lot of unpleasant feelings in the last terms.
Laser hair removal
A lot of controversy causes laser hair removal during pregnancy. Is it dangerous? Experts also do not give a clear answer to this question. It is believed that the use of a laser can not have a negative effect on the fetus. However, it is not necessary to remove the hair in the abdomen and bikini area using this method.
Of course, laser removal of unwanted vegetation is an effective method. However, fair-haired young ladies, he does not fit. In addition, it is necessary to take into account the fact that the skin of a pregnant woman quickly loses moisture. And irradiation leads to additional drying.
In order to understand whether you can do hair removal during pregnancy, it is worth looking into the past. Thus, in ancient Egypt, women (including pregnant women) actively used wax to get rid of unwanted hair. The skin after such a procedure becomes very smooth, and the result is maintained for a long time. However, this method is extremely risky for those who have a tendency to varicose veins.
It is worth noting that the waxing procedure is less and less painful each time. However, during pregnancy, sensitivity may worsen. Consider this, going to the procedure and ask the master to use local anesthetics (ointments, cold compresses, etc.). A worthy alternative to wax can be a shugaring.
Electric epilator or tweezers?
Quite often, doctors are asked about whether you can do hair removal for pregnant women. Of course, they can only give advice. Including regarding methods. Hair removal with tweezers is considered the safest. But this tool can handle only minor areas. In addition, tweezers must be sanitized before use.
By the similar principle the electric epilator acts. With it, quite quickly processed large areas of skin. But it becomes a question of whether such hair removal is safe during pregnancy. Is it possible to do? The instructions for such devices are written that no. However, if you are familiar with the epilator for a long time, you can experiment. But note that future mothers feel much more pain.
Depilation includes methods such as shaving and hair removal with a special cream. In the first case, the effect will be very short: by the evening you will feel prickly bristles on the skin. In addition, given the hormonal activity, the hair will grow even more dense and tough. And if we are talking about the latest dates, then shaving will seem extremely inconvenient and tedious. And, of course, do not forget about irritation.
Depilation creams for future mothers should be abandoned. Their aggressive chemical composition can provoke a strong allergic reaction. In addition, they have an unpleasant pungent smell.
Trimesters and hair removal
A lot of controversy and litigation causes such a procedure as hair removal during pregnancy: is it possible to do? The answer to this question depends on the trimester. So, in the early stages it is better to exclude such procedures. The first 12 weeks the fetus is very vulnerable. Pain can provoke hypertonicity of the uterus, which is quite dangerous. So try to avoid such procedures.
The second and third trimesters are the most favorable period for epilation. The combination of hormones that are produced at this time, helps to reduce the pain threshold. But in the later stages, the risk of skin pigmentation increases.
Can pregnant women do hair removal tips
When removing unwanted hair during pregnancy should be guided by the following recommendations:
- try not to resort to using depilatory creams and waxes with dyes and fragrances, so as not to provoke an allergy,
- Try to find for yourself the most painless method of hair removal, because stress hormones can adversely affect the health of the child,
- Be sure to undergo a examination by a dermatologist in order to exclude the presence of skin diseases,
- even if you are confident in the safety of laser hair removal, then you should not hold it on the bikini and abdomen section,
- after epilation, regularly wipe treated skin with hydrogen peroxide - this will slow down the growth of new hairs,
- if in some zone the hair appeared during pregnancy, then you should not remove it, because after the birth, they themselves will disappear.
Can pregnant women do hair removal? Specialists are generally not against this manipulation. They only advise to abandon the most painful methods of hair removal, as well as to avoid such procedures in the first trimester of pregnancy. Nevertheless, this issue is very acute, because not everyone on the body grows barely noticeable blond hair.
Beauty care is a purely individual issue that every woman has the right to decide on her own. If you do not accept shaving, then find the most painless method of hair removal. So, in the absence of a tendency to varicose, it is preferable to use natural wax. Do not do the procedure yourself - it is better to seek help from a competent specialist.
Types of hair removal
In cosmetology, there are several types of hair removal:
- laser hair removal - affects the hair follicle with thermal energy. The laser beam heats up the hair pigment melanin, as a result of which the follicle dies. The minus of the procedure is that melanin is contained in dark hair; for light hair, laser removal is ineffective as with dark skin,
- photoepilation - was invented as an alternative to laser hair removal. The procedure is carried out using a special apparatus, emitting pulses of light, under the action of which the bulb heats up from the inside and dies. The advantage of this type is that the impact is on hair of any color and type on any parts of the body,
- electrolysis is the oldest method, but the only method by which hair is removed permanently. The principle of the method consists in heating the follicle with an electric current, as a result of which both the hair and its circulatory system die. Please note: electrolysis during pregnancy is prohibited. The minus of electrolysis in painfulness and long duration in time, however recently due to the improvement of devices for epilation the comfort of this procedure increases,
- Elos hair removal is a modern method that combines the effects of two energies: electric and light. A high-tech device emits a painless pulse of current and light, under the influence of which the hair dies without damaging the surrounding skin. The hair follicles are destroyed during the epilation procedure.
All types of hair removal are carried out by specialists in beauty salons. To obtain a stable result, you must complete a course consisting of several sessions (their number is determined individually for each). The final cost of such procedures is quite high. The peculiarity of hair removal with the method of epilation is that only a fraction of the follicles are simultaneously in the phase of active growth, while the rest “sleep” and become active only after 2-3 weeks. The result is new hairs, which are removed at each subsequent session.
Today, in addition to professional equipment, the cosmetic industry also offers homemade devices for self-epilation.
Contraindications and possible consequences for pregnant women
Each woman’s pregnancy proceeds individually, so it’s quite difficult to make general recommendations about epilation. In some pregnant women, the pain threshold may change under the influence of hormonal disruptions, while others may develop an allergy that has never happened before. Also, excessive growth of hair all over the body is sometimes observed, or, conversely, they practically cease to grow.
Contraindications for epilation during pregnancy are:
- increased uterine tone and the slightest threat of bearing,
- violation of the integrity of the skin, irritation at the intended place of epilation,
- aggravation of herpes infections, catarrhal diseases, high body temperature,
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, unstable or high blood pressure,
- any stage of a malignant or benign neoplasm,
- existing allergy to any component used for hair removal creams, anesthetics or disinfectants,
- mental disorders. Epilation of a pregnant woman should be carried out only by a qualified specialist in a specialized salon and with the mandatory use of painkillers.
The issue of epilation of the abdominal area is strictly individual. If the pregnancy goes well, the epilation procedure is carried out with a high-quality anesthetic, then the woman can epilate the abdominal area. The exception is the first trimester of pregnancy, that is, with a period of less than 14 weeks, the procedure is prohibited.
Predicting the possible negative consequences for the body of a pregnant woman is not so simple, but the following are the most common:
- increased pain can cause uterine contraction, which is especially dangerous in the first trimester, as miscarriage can occur. In the second trimester, the risk remains, but its degree decreases, in the third trimester, the risk of miscarriage turns into the probability of premature birth,
- in violation of sanitary rules there is a chance of infection, especially with regard to electrolysis. In pregnant women, the immunity is weakened, and a common infection can lead to great complications,
- epilation of the legs with a tendency to varicose veins and its initial signs may provoke the development and exacerbation of this disease,
- The body of a pregnant woman is particularly susceptible to allergic reactions that may appear from the compositions applied to the skin during epilation, even if the body tolerated them well before pregnancy.
In any case, you should consult with your gynecologist about the hair removal process. Many experts agree that if the epilation was carried out before pregnancy and was tolerated without complications, it is not contraindicated during gestation.
Types of depilation
Today, there are the following types of depilation:
- shaving: it is carried out by the machine using cream or foam,
- plucking: done with tweezers, with each hair individually picked up and pulled out,
- waxing waxing (waxing): consists in applying a wax composition to the skin, which, after solidification, is removed with a sharp movement along with the attached hairs, the wax used can be hot, warm or cold,
- shugaring: by the principle of action is similar to waxing, only instead of wax special sugar paste is used,
- hair removal with depilatory cream: a special composition helps to loosen the hair at the base and subsequent loss. The cream (or gel) can be quick or long acting, depending on the time of application to the skin.
Contraindications and negative consequences for pregnant women
All types of depilation, except shaving, are painful, so pregnant women should approach their choice with caution. However, pregnancy itself is not a contraindication to the implementation of this procedure.
Depilation during pregnancy is contraindicated in the following cases:
- if you are hypersensitive or allergic to cosmetics used in the hair removal process,
- if threatened to bear a fetus,
- in the presence of rashes, irritation, abrasions on the skin,
- in the period of acute cold, at high temperature,
- if a herpetic infection has escalated,
- with mental illnesses, diabetes, oncology, blood diseases.
The likelihood of adverse effects from depilation during pregnancy increases due to a weakened immune response and unstable hormonal levels, which is especially important for the first trimester. When carrying out the procedure at home, the risk of complications from incorrect actions increases significantly.
Possible side effects and effects of depilation:
- infection through a random cut of the skin with a blade when shaving,
- nausea, dizziness from inhaling harsh smells, such as depilatory creams,
- allergic rashes,
- exacerbation of varicose veins during leg hair removal, for example, with wax,
- pigmentation, bruising (bruising), skin burns (the latter concerns the procedure of depilation with hot wax).
Ways to remove unwanted hair during pregnancy
Women who do not have contraindications and have already used the depilation or hair removal before pregnancy, can safely carry out this procedure. Advantages and disadvantages to a greater or lesser extent, each method of hair removal.
Pregnant women are allowed the following methods to remove excess vegetation:
- Laser hair removal: the procedure is painless and carries the minimum risk of skin injury, and hence infection. This is especially important for pregnant women, because their immune systems are weak and any wounds heal for a long time. The disadvantage of hair removal in this way is overdrying of the skin, since the laser beam affects the sebaceous gland of the hair. He sticks it together, resulting in a violation of the water balance of the epidermis, and the skin of pregnant women is often prone to dryness, especially in the abdomen, Laser hair removal is allowed for pregnant women and is suitable for hair removal anywhere on the body.
- photoepilation: this modern technique is characterized by minimal pain and lack of contact with the skin, which is important for pregnant women. The disadvantage of the procedure is that it is not tested enough on pregnant women because of the novelty. Due to the lack of data on the possible harm or benefit to the body of women in anticipation of a child, it is better not to risk and not to resort to photo-epilation, The device for photo-epilation is adjusted individually for each patient, which allows reducing its radiation power for pregnant women.
- Elos hair removal: an innovative technique takes place with the preliminary application of the gel-conductor on the skin. Pregnant women have an increased risk of allergies, including on this gel. Since the device affects the hair with broadband light and bipolar current, the effectiveness of the procedure increases, and the possibility of getting a burn decreases, which is especially important for women in the position. But the cost of Elos hair removal services in salons is quite high, Elos hair removal is considered the safest and at the same time effective method of removing unwanted hair
- shaving: this is the easiest and most painless way to depilate for pregnant women. Its advantage is that the procedure can be easily and quickly performed at home, but in recent times it is inconvenient to shave due to the large belly. But this method is allowed at any time and does not require large expenditures. Disadvantages: risk of cutting, ingrown hairs if the skin is damaged by the machine, skin irritation (especially in sensitive areas of the armpits or bikini). Shaving is the only method of depilation that can be done in the first trimester, Shaving is the safest, most painless and affordable way to depilate during pregnancy.
- waxing and shugaring: depilation with wax or sugar paste for pregnant women is fraught with an allergic reaction to the components. But at the same time, if you use natural wax, the risk of allergies is minimal. The advantages of these procedures are low cost and short duration. A minus for pregnant women is pain, but the stressful state of the mother can negatively affect the formation of the baby’s nervous system. In the deep bikini zone, the procedure is not recommended for pregnant women due to severe pain and the possibility of infection in the genitals. If you have been using shugaring or waxing methods for a long time and are not afraid of pain, you can continue to do them during pregnancy, the main thing is that the composition for depilation should be completely made of natural ingredients.
- depilatory cream: the use of such a tool can turn for women in the position of the appearance of allergies and nausea (up to vomiting) due to a strong chemical smell. Also during pregnancy increases the likelihood of inflammation of the hair follicle after depilation cream. But in terms of pain, this method is the most gentle. Before using the cream, it is recommended to test the inner bend of the elbow, as pregnant women may have allergies unexpectedly, even if they have never had it before. During pregnancy, be careful with the depilation cream: in order not to cause irritation or rash, test the skin for an allergic reaction before using the product.
Precautions for hair removal procedures
Hair removal on the body is a very delicate procedure for women. It takes on particular importance during pregnancy. After all, it is important not only to perform hair removal or depilation in the safest way, but also to remember about the mandatory precautions during the session. It is also necessary to take care of reducing pain and to choose the right skin care after the procedure.
Pregnant women need to be approached with great responsibility and caution in the process of hair removal, especially if the procedure does not take place at home. The main and primary safety measures for epilation and depilation for women in the position are as follows:
- in the salon the master must wear medical disposable gloves,
- All instruments must be sterilized. When waxing and shugaring, for example, a wooden spatula is a must for one-time, metal is disinfected before each client. Pregnant women should use only disposable wipes and sheets,
- the couch on which the hair removal procedure is performed is subject to decontamination before each new client,
- in order to prevent the penetration of the infection through microdamages of the skin, it is necessary to apply an antiseptic composition, as well as an anesthetic to the entire area of the body where epilation or depilation is performed,
- when using a depilatory cream, laser and electrolysis room should be equipped with good ventilation, so that smells and microscopic dust particles do not cause deterioration of health of the pregnant. Before carrying out hair removal in the cabin, make sure that the couch and tools after the previous visitor were decontaminated
To make the hair removal procedure painless, pregnant women need to use special anesthetics for external use. The list of approved drugs during pregnancy is limited:
- spray lidocaine is allowed for pregnant women, but it cannot be used intravenously and orally because it crosses the placenta,
- Emla cream is suitable for anesthesia of the most sensitive parts of the body, for example, the bikini area,
- Speed Numb cream also effectively relieves the skin during depilation and epilation and has a reasonable price. Emla's most popular analgesic in cosmetology is suitable for use during pregnancy
An anesthetic (cream or gel) should be applied to the skin about 40 minutes before the procedure and closed with cellophane film on top for the preparation to be absorbed.
Skin care after the procedure
To minimize irritation, rashes and other complications after the hair removal procedure, pregnant women should ensure proper skin care:
- during the day after the procedure, deodorant, perfumes and cosmetics containing fruit acids should not be applied to the epilated areas,
- eliminate overheating for two days, including a visit to the bath and sauna,
- you can not sunbathe a week in the open sun to avoid pigmentation,
- It is forbidden to swim in the pool and open water reservoirs in the first days after the session in order not to carry the infection,
- immediately after the procedure, and then every day you need to smear the pro-epilated skin with baby cream or moisturizing milk, you can also use Panthenol, special balms or creams after epilation based on allantoin. On the first day, apply three times on particularly sensitive areas of the body, in the following days - 1-2 times. Using Panthenol after hair removal will help soften the skin and speed up tissue regeneration.
Please note that you should not treat the skin after hair removal with baby powder or talcum powder, since they can clog pores, thereby causing irritation and suppuration.
Laser hair removal does not affect pregnancy. With such hair removal under the influence of a light beam, the hair bulb collapses. During pregnancy, laser hair removal is safe, since there is no risk of getting burns and pigmentation, and there is no harm to the skin and closely located blood vessels.
All pregnancy enjoyed the cream. This doctor allowed. But the laser still said to hold, in fact, as for the period of breastfeeding. He explained firstly that it was not a fact that he would take (especially 2 and 3 trimesters), well, there were some threats in the first trimester, so as not to cause a tone, etc., he said not to do it.
I am a master of shugaring and I want to say that if a girl before pregnancy did a similar procedure, then during her it makes no sense to refuse shugaring. This is a completely safe procedure, because all products are hypoallergenic and natural. Few can cause allergies. But if this procedure was not done before pregnancy, then it is better not to start it during it. Since you do not know your pain level and how pain will affect pregnancy. The likelihood of uterine tone with painful stressful sensations is very high. And even worse. But I would not advise more radical methods of hair removal. If shaving is not suitable, then it is possible to use a depilatory cream. It was so-so that I also removed bikini hair during pregnancy.
Due to hormonal changes, laser hair removal may not be as effective, so wait until everything is settled down so as not to waste time. For now - shugaring, wax strips, ordinary epilator, etc.
I consulted with my gynecologist, they answered me like this: “We need to choose the method after which there are no inflammations and ulcers. If you go for waxing for many years, transfer it normally, then there is no irritation and inflammation - go as much as you want. If you do not tolerate shaving (and I complained that after a razor there is not a bikini zone, one big irritation with a bunch of pustules, regardless of the type of razor, cream for and after shaving), then by no means shave, inflammation there now needs the least. "
I was doing a waxing “deep bikini” during the entire pregnancy. But by this time I had been doing it for a long time, so I didn't care. I was upset that I did not have time to do it before the very birth, I had to shave))) But if it is the first time, then, of course, it is not worth the risk.
It has long been removing excess body hair (armpits, bikini, legs) with the help of an epilator (at home) and hot wax (in the salon). Now I am in early pregnancy. I do not know if I can continue to do these procedures or go back to shaving with the machine. I'm afraid to harm the child, because hair removal is accompanied by pain. Since the beginning of my pregnancy, I have only been shaving everything with a machine. The epilator and wax are generally unbearable, it became for some reason very painful, although it was used for a long time. Apparently, the pain threshold has changed.
Whether it is necessary to carry out hair removal or depilation during pregnancy - you decide. This question is very delicate and very individual, because each pregnancy proceeds with its own characteristics. First of all, you need to consult with your gynecologist. If you have already decided, then remember that the safest method is shaving. In addition, if the hair removal was carried out before pregnancy, then during its course it is not prohibited. Do not forget also that after the removal of hair, pregnant women need special skin care, which will help avoid irritation.
Hair removal: depilation with wax, cream. What else is pregnant?
Most of the representatives of the beautiful half of humanity regularly remove unwanted hair - on their legs, in the bikini area, and sometimes on the hands and face. Some people prefer home hair removal, others go for hair removal to clinics and beauty salons, where modern technologies come to the rescue. On ways to remove hair, the pros and cons of different methods during pregnancy, we'll talk today.
How epilation is different from depilation? Both that and other term designate removal of hair. During depilation only the visible part of the hair is removed. The hair follicle (bulb) is not destroyed. Epilation - a way to remove hair from the root. Often it is also called "radical hair removal."
Cons of epilation
- Contraindicated during pregnancy, as the effect of current and various types of light energy on the child’s body is not fully understood.
- The high cost of procedures. Firstly, special expensive equipment is required for hair removal, and secondly, it can only be carried out by an experienced specialist with medical education.
- The inability to carry out the procedure at home.
Advantages of epilation
- High efficiency method. High-power radiation sources gradually (over 3-5 procedures) destroy the hair follicle - hair growth stops.
- Relative painlessness of the procedure.In beauty salons customers will be offered various opportunities for anesthetizing body areas during the procedure.
- In one session, with the help of an apparatus, a specialist can process a large surface of the body. For example, shin epilation will take no more than 15 minutes.
- Short effect.
- The possibility of allergic reactions to components of wax or cream.
- The problem of ingrown hair. By acting on the hair mechanically, we change the trajectory of its growth. Hair is not able to break through on its own, it begins to grow in a horizontal direction.
- Wax depilation and plucking hair are rather painful procedures.
- Shaving, bio-epilation, using a household epilator and special creams, plucking hair with tweezers are not contraindicated for the expectant mother.
- All types of depilation can be done at home. This does not require special skills.
- The cost of purchasing the necessary items for depilation is minimal. Buy shaving machines and other means for depilation today in every supermarket.
Hair removal during pregnancy
During pregnancy, when a woman is better to avoid many procedures, her hair begins to grow like mushrooms after rain. This happens because of the action of hormones: for example, progesterone simultaneously and hair growth accelerates, and the process of their natural loss delay.
On a stomach there was a path from dark and rigid hair? This is normal! This phenomenon often occurs at an early stage of pregnancy - at the end of the first trimester. Hair is actively growing due to androgens (male sex hormones) - they are produced by the adrenal glands and the placenta. All this is temporary: after birth, when hormones return to normal levels, the enhanced hair growth will stop.
Choosing a method of depilation, a pregnant woman should consider a number of nuances. For example, depilatory creams often have a specific odor. This means that hair removal should be carried out in a well-ventilated and ventilated area. In addition, the skin during pregnancy becomes more sensitive. Therefore, before depilation cream should be tested on a small area of skin.
Household epilator except pain does not bear any danger. Therefore, if you have a high pain threshold, do not deny yourself the “pleasure” of removing hair with this machine.
No matter what method of hair removal is discussed, we want its effect to be as long as possible. If you use a razor, then this does not have to wait, the hair, alas, will seem the very next day. But the effect of bio-epilation and use of the epilator can be tried to extend. To do this, there are a huge number of special lotions, serums and creams that slow down hair growth. Most of them, by the way, have a very pleasant smell and perfectly moisturize the skin. But you still need to carefully read the instructions and make sure that the tool can be used during pregnancy.
Tweezing with tweezers, thread or epilator use
Tweezers and thread are usually used to remove excess facial hair, eyebrow correction. In the remaining zones, it is not practical to use them, since it will take a lot of time and the procedure will tire quickly.
Electric epilator also pulls out hairs, but several pieces at a time, which affects the increase in pain. Pregnant women are not advised to use this method because of the painfulness of the procedure, especially if the woman has a low pain threshold and high skin sensitivity. If a woman practiced this method long before the pregnancy and did not experience much discomfort, she can continue to use it.
Bioepilation and its varieties
This is a gentle hair removal with natural ingredients - resin, wax, sugar. There are no special contraindications for pregnancy. If a woman has used it before and the pregnancy is good, then it can be used during pregnancy. Acquaintance with him is better to be postponed until better times, since it is not known how the body will react to fairly strong painful sensations.
It is forbidden to use bioepilation for varicose veins, which often occurs during pregnancy. In areas with spider veins, depilation can also not be done.
Waxing or waxing
Warm (soft) wax can be used independently at home. Epilation with hot (hard) wax, which is warmed up to 38–42 ° C before use, is carried out by a specialist, as there is a possibility of getting burns if used alone.
When choosing a product, you must make sure that you are not allergic to the ingredients.
Often, essential oils, mineral oils are added to the wax, mixed with pine resin or petroleum products. The procedure is carried out if the hair length is not less than 4 mm.
Liquid wax is applied with a spatula or a roller for hair growth, after some time it hardens, and it is removed using paper or fabric strips against hair growth.
It is not recommended to do wax epilation in the first trimester and before childbirth, especially if the pregnancy proceeds with complications: there is a threat of miscarriage or premature birth.
Shugaring or sugar hair removal
This is hair removal with thick sugar paste. The main difference from the previous method is that the agent is applied against hair growth, and is removed according to growth, which reduces pain and reduces the number of ingrown hairs to a minimum. In addition, the sugar paste contains natural ingredients: water, sugar and citric acid, so it is considered a hypoallergenic method.
Ingrown hairs, folliculitis (inflammation of the hair follicles) are negative phenomena that may appear after incorrectly performed epilation. When skin is injured, pathogenic microorganisms that cause inflammation and purulent formations can get into the wounds.
To avoid complications after the procedure, the skin is necessarily treated with an antiseptic.
You can learn about how to prepare sugar paste for hair removal, as well as the procedure itself, from the video:
If a woman has previously resorted to this method of getting rid of unwanted hair on the body, then you can perform this procedure during pregnancy (provided that the fetus runs well: there is no blood discharge, shortening / dilation of the cervix, hypertonus of the uterus with severe pain).
Enzyme hair removal
Enzyme hair removal - is the removal of hairs with enzymes (protein enzymes) that act on the bulb, destroying it. The method is not used on the face, and is carried out only in the salons by qualified specialists in this order:
- Before the procedure, first conduct bioepilation. After it, enzymes are applied to the skin and covered with a film.
- The specialist selects an enzyme preparation for each patient individually by testing the tolerance of components.
- A thermal bandage is applied to the film from above and is exposed to infrared radiation, heating the areas treated with enzymes.
- Heat enhances the work of enzymes and expands the mouth of the follicle, thereby facilitating the penetration of the drug inside.
Considering the principle of this epilation, it becomes obvious that the method is contraindicated during pregnancy!
But depilatory creams, such as Veet, Camomile depilation and so forth - it is easy to use during pregnancy.
This hair removal using electric current. A small charge is sent to the follicle zone and completely destroy it, or rather melt it. The procedure is performed using special tools:
- Tweezers that capture a hair, and then pass a charge through it. It takes about 2 minutes to destroy the root, so this method is not used in areas of increased vegetation.
- Special very fine needle electrode. It is injected directly into the follicle and a small charge is passed.
Whatever positive results, this method is contraindicated for pregnant women!
Hair removal with high-impulse light. The method of destruction of the follicle is the same as in the case of a laser. Light flash affects the pigment - melanin, which absorbs light and emits a large amount of thermal energy. The follicle is heated, damaged, and ultimately destroyed. This method can be applied to any hair, regardless of color.
Photoepilation is contraindicated for pregnant women because it has been determined that, if the procedure is disturbed, burns or pigment spots may appear on the skin. In addition, there is no evidence of how high-pulse light affects the body of a pregnant woman.
It belongs to the safe and modern methods, combining laser, electro-and photo-epilation. Thus, the procedure is carried out in the following way: the hair follicle is immediately affected by the energy of high-impulse light and current, so it is immediately destroyed.
This method is strictly prohibited to women "in position", since the combination of the two types of energy is much more dangerous than each separately.
Epilation bikini zone during pregnancy
Genital hygiene during pregnancy is extremely important. However, there are a number of restrictions on hair removal in the intimate area during pregnancy. We'll have to give up:
- laser hair removal
- chemical depilation.
There is only one method that does not bear any risks - shaving with a typewriter or a regular razor.
Contraindications for epilation during pregnancy
During pregnancy, some women have problems associated with changes in the work of the endocrine system. Growth of hair increases, they appear where they should not be, their thickness and color change, they become tougher and darker.
Not every woman agrees to walk with increased vegetation for 9 months, and then the question arises about hair removal. However, hair removal during pregnancy must be approached consciously and seriously. There are the following contraindications to the procedures:
- any type of hair removal is contraindicated for women “in position” with skin diseases, such as atopic dermatitis, which has a habit of worsening during pregnancy,
- infectious diseases, for example, exacerbation of genital herpes,
- exacerbation of varicose veins,
- diabetes with skin complications.
So, according to the doctors, during pregnancy it is better to use depilation, and depilation is better to refuse because it is a risky way. In this case, hair removal is recommended after 1 trimester, since in the first weeks the internal organs and systems form in the fetus. In addition, pain provokes the production of the stress hormone and cause hypertonia of the uterus, which can cause abortion.