In the external image of a modern girl, eyebrows attract attention to the outlines of the face and highlight the coquettishness of the eyes.
Various beauty-methods help to adjust the shape from nature. Wax for eyebrow depilation - a convenient tool that allows you to quickly remove excess hair.
Pros and cons of wax correction
In comparison with conventional methods, for example, plucking with tweezers, wax for eyebrow correction has several advantages:
- Removal speed - the whole procedure takes no more than 15 minutes.
- Efficiency - after the procedure, you can forget about the correction of approximately 3-4 weeks. Using conventional methods, you need to repeat the procedure every 4-5 days.
- Accessibility - all necessary components and accessories can be purchased at the nearest store. Services expensive salons are not needed.
- Effectiveness - using wax you can remove all unwanted hairs, without fear of missing them.
No pain! - If performed correctly, there will be no side effects. In addition, due to the fact that all the hairs are removed immediately, and not separately, the pain is not so noticeable.
However, some people may have contraindications to the procedure:
- intolerance to certain products,
- moles or warts in the eyebrow area,
- various inflammatory processes
- skin diseases
- circulatory disorders.
Waxing eyebrows is one of the varieties of waxy method of removing unwanted hair. Every girl knows how problematic, but you need to adjust the hairs under the eyebrows and on the nose. Waxing is the safest and most gentle option, allowing you to make your eyebrows smooth and beautiful.
Another way to preserve the beauty of the eyebrows in any weather - the use of wax for styling. Modeling wax not only creates the effect of neat arcs, laying the hairs in one direction, but also gives saturation (for such purposes it is better to use colored wax).
To correct the shape of eyebrows at home and create an interesting image that will attract the eye of even passers-by, you need to play around with a touch, for example, take 1-2 tones darker or lighter. It is important not to miss the balance of colors, retaining the natural appearance.
Types of waxing
When it comes to easy adjustment of the eyebrows, waxing of the eyebrows is not as effective, but for significant changes in appearance, visit the salon. A new interesting bow is created using modeling eyebrow wax.
In stores, there are always 3 types of wax for depilating eyebrows:
|Title||Features of the method|
|Hot||Mostly presented in the form of balls or cubes. Reading the name, it may seem that you need to work with something dangerous, but no, the initial wax is not hot. Before using the product you need to warm up well to get a viscous mass. Next, gain a small amount on a spatula and make a correction. For this method do not use strips for depilation.|
|Cold||Most often presented in the form of records. Outwardly, it is a two plate, between which is directly cold wax. You just need to rub the plates with your palms and start waxing.|
|Warm or low temperature||Externally, it looks like a cartridge with interchangeable applicators. To correct the eyebrows with wax it is enough to heat the tool slightly. This method is vaguely reminiscent of shugaring wax.|
The sequence of the procedure
Wax eyebrow depilation does not require significant costs: neither physical nor material, besides the process does not take a lot of free time.
For the procedure to be successful, you should follow these instructions:
- Defat skin using a tonic and cotton pad.
- Sprinkle the skin with baby dressing or talcum powder.
- Depending on the chosen method of application, prepare the wax: using a special stick, take a small amount of the finished epilation product. In case of use of strips - warm up with hands.
- Distribute the product in the direction of hair growth. When using for the first time, do a small test on the area with a small amount of hair.
- Without waiting for the hardening of the agent, attach a strip of cloth, and wait for the agent to hold tight. Sharply tear the strip in the direction against the growth of hair. Repeat until unnecessary hairs remain.
- The final point is the complete removal of the cosmetic from the face.
As you can see, the procedure is quite easy, you can do it yourself or with the help of a close friend. With the right approach, small practice and quality materials, home correction will not be inferior to expensive salon procedures.
A few tips for creating perfect shapes.
Without a doubt, how much effort you do not apply, waxing your eyebrow will not be successful the first time, well, or not as successful as you can see on stylish photos in magazines.
To achieve this result, you need to improve yourself, continue to develop your skills and follow some small tips, namely:
- More perfect form of brow arcs will help to make ready stencils with certain forms. Bringing to your face, you need to outline the hair line, and then follow the procedure itself.
- Cold wax is definitely not suitable for owners of skin prone to irritation.
- When using sets with sticks for hair removal, strictly follow the instructions.
- To see all the flaws, use a mirror with two surfaces: normal and magnified.
- In order to reduce the pain, take a piece of ice and swipe around the area for correction.
- To remove eyebrow wax from the face, take baby soap or petroleum jelly.
Girls who regularly use wax for eyebrow correction note that skill and practice will help to achieve the perfect shape.
It is noted that waxing brings the least pain in the area of superciliary arches.
Fear of applying wax on the skin for the first time in most. But if a girl has ever dealt with wax hair removal, there should be no difficulty with the procedure.
When applying, try to take a not too large amount of mass, as you can accidentally hit with strips of hot wax on skin areas that do not need epilation.
If the mass stops sticking to the skin, remove the wax with jerking movements. Irritation is removed using regular talcum powder.
Hair removal products
Among the many brands it is easy to get confused and choose a tool that is not suitable for the skin.
Check out the list of brands that are especially popular among lovers of waxing method:
|Name of the remedy||Producing country||Product Features|
|Brow Shapers Shurgi Wax||America||Made in a curved shape, making it easy to grab the skin that can be made perfect only with tweezers. The box contains not only wax, but also strips for the upper and lower part of the eyebrows. The procedure itself will take no more than 10 minutes, while the tool will relieve even the smallest hairs.|
|“Parissa Brow Shaper”||Spain||The tool is made from hypoallergenic substances, exactly what the owners of sensitive skin, prone to allergies.|
|"Sally Hansen"||America||The company produces a special set for the perfect correction. Using a microwave oven, you can melt the wax without using special tools. This set replaces a full trip to the beauty salon.|
|"Veet"||Canada||Wax strips of this brand are considered the most convenient and practical. The wax is as close as possible to the skin, which allows you to get rid of most of the hair in one go.|
Each brand has its own characteristics that attract customers. You should not dwell only on one tool - choose the appropriate product by trial and error.
If, after the procedure, irritation does not disappear for a long time or severe rashes appear, this brand does not suit the skin. The cosmetic should be checked for allergies before use - for this a small amount of the product is applied to the hand.
Wax hair removal has long been in demand among the beautiful half of society. This method of removing unwanted hair is considered the safest and most effective.
The procedure can be carried out at home. In order to correctly identify suitable means under the skin, it must be checked on other parts of the body before applying to the face.
Brow Wax Types
There are 3 main types of wax used for depilating eyebrows:
|Title||Release form||Preparation for use||Result||Undesirable consequences|
|Cold wax||Two wax strips glued together.||To activate the effect of wax on the plates, it is enough to hold them for some time in their hands.||Removes hard-to-reach individual hairs and a slightly noticeable fluff.||Strong pain. High risk of complications, especially on sensitive skin.|
|Warm wax||Applicator with a removable cartridge, inside which is a wax.||Requires heating to medium temperature.||Suitable for depilating thick eyebrows.||Practically does not cause negative consequences. The skin does not suffer from its use.|
|Hot wax||In the form of geometric shapes. It has a dense texture.||Before use, it must be heated to obtain a viscous mass.||It even pulls out even thick hairs with a deep follicle.||Non-compliance with the rules of use can cause skin redness.|
A large selection of products for home hair removal is offered by Veet (Vit). Products of this brand not only effectively removes unwanted hairs, but also cares for the skin.
Particularly popular veet stripes. They are easy to use, practically do not cause side effects.
Another wax-based cosmetic is modeling eyebrow wax. He maintains the beauty of his eyebrows throughout the day, fixes every hair, gives a beautiful shade.
Modeling wax is easy to apply, stand firmly. In the evening, he washes off without any problems.
How to carry out the procedure for correcting eyebrow wax
Independently conduct a correction session is easy.
Using wax eyebrow strips for waxing, you must strictly follow the instructions that come with them.
To properly remove eyebrows with hot or warm wax, you must follow these guidelines:
- When the shape of the eyebrows is selected, it is possible to mark its contour with a pencil in order to separate those hairs that need to be removed. If necessary, you can use the ready-made brow stencils.
- Prepare the skin in the depilated area. Wipe it with a tonic or any dermatological antiseptic to degrease. Powder with talcum powder or baby powder.
- To reduce the pain from the procedure, the skin around can be cooled with pieces of ice.
- Heat the wax to the desired temperature: hot to + 60 ° C, warm - no more than + 45 ° C.
- Apply a small amount of product with a special spatula or wand. Spread it lightly in the direction of hair growth.
- Without waiting for the wax to harden, special fabric stripes should be glued on top of it. After complete freezing, they need to jerk in the direction against the growth of hair. Repeat the procedure several times until all the extra hairs are removed.
- Remove balances. For this suitable baby moisturizing oil or plain petroleum jelly.
- If necessary, adjust the eyebrow with tweezers.
- “Soothe” the skin with a special gel, cream or lotion.
Advantages and disadvantages of the method
In comparison with other methods, waxing has several advantages:
- Eyebrow waxing is easy to carry out at home. It does not require special skills, takes a little time.
- The result is stored for at least 3 weeks. Regular correction significantly slows down the growth of unwanted hairs, making them light and thin.
- By adjusting the eyebrows with wax, you can remove even fine hairs that tweezers are not able to capture.
The disadvantages of eyebrow depilation in this way include:
- Unpleasant, painful sensations during the procedure and some time after. You can reduce them by applying cold.
- In rare cases, wax causes itching, skin irritation and even burns. Undesirable effects usually disappear within 1-2 days after the procedure.
Contraindications to the procedure
The use of wax for depilating eyebrows has a number of contraindications. These include:
- skin hypersensitivity
- intolerance to the components of the depilation products,
- eyebrow injuries or skin diseases,
- heart diseases,
- diabetes (regardless of degree)
- pregnancy, lactation.
Experts do not recommend waxing for women during menstruation. Since the pain in this period is felt especially strongly.
Waxing is a relatively new eyebrow correction method. It is simple and affordable, but experts recommend that you carry out the first procedure under the guidance of an experienced cosmetologist. It will help you choose the right eyebrow shape, minimize pain and unwanted side effects.
The essence of technology
Eyebrow correction waxing, or waxing, is a fairly effective modern cosmetic technology based on the fact that hair depilation is performed using wax.
The principle of operation is very simple: when it hardens, the wax captures and holds the hairs together, and when it is removed, the hardened material carries away the unwanted part of the hair.
It is most easy to pluck the eyebrows with tweezers, but this ancient method takes a lot of time and causes a lot of pain. Waxing also can not be called absolutely painless, but this inconvenience is felt once when removing the entire layer of substance.
Wax correction has several advantages:
- Speed and availability. Cosmetic wax can be easily purchased in the cosmetic department and prepared using the instructions, it is easy to solve the problem of how to make the mixture yourself. He solves the important question of how to quickly carry out the procedure: the duration of the entire event is about 12-18 minutes, which is much faster than just plucking out his eyebrows.
- Correction Correction. After wax correction, the eyebrows retain a given shape for about 18-20 days, and with regular use of technology, the growth of unwanted hairs slows down significantly and they become thinner.
- With proper operation, adverse effects are excluded. Inflammation, redness, peeling, itching can occur only with the wrong selection of substances and violation of technology.
Among the disadvantages of the method can be noted the painful sensation when the wax is torn off. The most important limitation - the wax does not capture the hairs with a length of less than 3 mm.
What material is used
How to make eyebrow correction and which material is better?
You can correct eyebrows with several different types of wax:
- A warm remedy. This mixture liquefies at a temperature of about 43-44 ° C and quickly sets at room temperature. The most characteristic composition: beeswax in combination with pine resin.
- Hot remedy. This tool should be heated to a temperature of 58-62 ° C with strict temperature control according to the instructions. The composition includes refined petroleum products, resins and vegetable oils (olive, lemon).
- Cold remedy. Finds the most common in the home.The release form is a fabric or paper strip coated with a wax layer. Such a strip is glued by analogy with a plaster. Of all the listed tools, the cold version is the least effective, and the most important is that it does not remove the hair root, thereby reducing the resistance of the result of the correction.
The choice of means for correction depends on the individual characteristics of the skin. If any reactions occur, the composition should be changed.
Conduct self adjustments
How to make a correction using wax yourself? The whole procedure includes the following main stages:
- Preliminary stage. At this stage the composition is prepared and the place of depilation is prepared. The composition is prepared and warmed up strictly according to the instructions, avoiding overheating. Usually the warming up is carried out with the help of a water bath. Preparation of the skin in the area of the eyebrow includes cutting off protruding hairs, degreasing and cleaning the depilation area, disinfecting and covering the skin with talcum powder. It is recommended at this stage to mark up the desired shape of the eyebrow using a pencil. It is important to note the border of the eyebrow, the point of break (when it is formed by the “house”).
- The main stage. The procedure of eyebrow correction consists in the careful application of the composition, keeping it to a full solidification and abrupt tearing off of the frozen layer. Adjusting the eyebrow, wax should be applied with a special cosmetic spatula evenly, according to the preliminary marking. Wax comes off with the help of strips of cloth or paper with the movement of a hand against the growth of hairs. Movement should be sharp. The remaining mass is removed with a napkin.
- The final stage. After the depilation procedure, care should be taken to eliminate any undesirable consequences. The affected skin area is recommended to be treated with a cosmetic cream with antibacterial and cooling effect.
How often do eyebrow correction? After 1.5 weeks after the procedure, eyebrows can be trimmed with tweezers. If the removal was done using waxing, the hair will grow longer.
Application of simulator
In addition to the means for depilating hairs, modeling wax is used, which fixes and emphasizes the chosen eyebrow shape.
How to correct eyebrows such a composition? This wax is applied to the eyebrow, and then the hairs are given the right direction with light movements. With the help of a cotton swab, the eyebrow border is adjusted.
The most commonly used transparent composition, which does not violate the selected design of the eyes with the help of shadows or a pencil. At the same time, some women prefer a tinted wax, leveling the color of the eyebrows and providing the desired shade.
Conclusion and conclusions
Wax eyebrow correction is considered quite effective modern way. It can be done independently at home. The benefits of technology provide the increasing popularity of waxing among women. In general, the procedure is carried out both in beauty salons and independently. Of course, you can apply a proven method and pluck the eyebrows, but the wax allows you to quickly and accurately make a correction of eyebrows at home.
Pros and cons of eyebrow wax correction
Wax eyebrow correction has several advantages compared with the standard method of removing excess facial hair. The procedure is faster than using a thread or tweezers. The advantages of the correction include:
- long lasting result (hairs will not grow for 2-5 weeks),
- the elimination of even a small gun that tweezers are not able to capture,
- the ability to use at home, no need to go to the salon,
- regular use of technology will slow down the growth of hairs, they will become pale, they will be difficult to notice.
The procedure takes up to 20 minutes, and it takes 40-45 minutes to correct with tweezers.
The disadvantages of wax correction include the appearance of pain, irritation and itching on the skin. With self-use techniques, you can accidentally remove the desired part of the eyebrows.
Warm or low temperature
The wax is easy to use, as it is placed in a special applicator that resembles the size and shape of the eyelash tars. Such a device is bought once, and then only the wax cartridge changes periodically. Wax does not need to be strongly heated, it is applied when it reaches average temperature.
In beauty salons, the procedure of waxing eyebrows is carried out with special stripes. First, the master wipes the place of the future treatment with alcohol to degrease the skin so that the wax can be better absorbed. Also, this procedure is needed to eliminate bacteria on the face.
Then the epithelium is treated with talcum powder and wax is applied in the direction of hair growth. Before that, the desired shape of the eyebrows is indicated, and the vegetation that is located beyond the boundaries of the selected eye rim is treated. Then on the applied wax stick a fabric or paper strip, carefully press it to the skin. After a strong adhesion of the wax to the strip, it is necessary to use sharp movements to tear off the web against the growth of hairs.
At the end of the procedure, the skin is treated with an alcohol-containing substance in order not to infect the infection. Then talc is applied to the site and greased face greasy cream. This will allow the epithelium to recover from exposure to wax.
What else is needed to complete the procedure?
For the procedure of waxing eyebrows you will need:
- wax (selected temperature),
- face cleanser
- tissue or paper strips,
- special wooden applicators,
- talc or powder
- any essential oil to remove wax,
Additionally, you may need a face cream, which is applied after the procedure.
How does the eyebrow adjustment with wax at home
Eyebrow correction at home is performed in several stages:
- Preparatory. Purchase a set for hair removal, the choice of the appropriate form of eye frames. Tying or stabbing hair back so that they do not interfere during the procedure. Trimming (if necessary) and combing the eyebrows so that the wax does not catch on the desired hairs.
- Cleansing Using a disinfectant, clean the area around the eyebrows, apply talcum powder or powder using a cotton swab.
- Waxing Paraffin is prepared for use (if necessary) and applied in the direction of hair growth. For the process used wooden stick applicator. The wax should cover the hairs, but not thickly. Avoid paraffin ingestion on vegetation that does not require removal.
- Wax removal Apply a strip along the growth of hairs on the applied agent; a part of the fabric or paper material should not be glued to the end. Then click on the strip and remove it with a sharp movement. You can not pull it up to avoid discomfort.
Such manipulations with the application and removal of wax are performed 6-8 times to eliminate all excess vegetation and give the eyebrows the desired shape. If there are still hairs on the epithelium, they are removed with tweezers. Then the skin is cleaned of wax with essential oil or other suitable composition.
At the last stage of the procedure, you should soothe the skin, apply a special lotion or cream (preferably with aloe extract).
What wax to choose - brands 4-6 pieces
There are a large number of wax marks that are used to correct the eyebrows. Most popular brands:
- Lumene Catrice Fixing Brow Wax. Classic paraffin, used in pure form. Produced in the form of a pencil with a stylus that extends.
- Givenchy Nyx Eyebrow Shaper. Liquid wax applied to the skin with a brush.
- Ital Wax. Italian brand, producing wax of different temperatures. For eyebrows, warm paraffin is most often used. Thanks to titanium dioxide, which is contained in the composition, the wax guarantees a better grip on the hairs.
- LilaSoft. The brand produces wax strips, which then need to warm up in the hands. They are designed to eliminate hairs on the skin of the face, therefore, contain in the composition of various essential extracts (for example, lavender or apricot).
When choosing a wax to correct the shape of the eyebrows, you should pay attention to the composition, and also to what type of skin is suitable for the tool.
Marina, 32 years old, Perm
Since childhood, there have been thick and thick eyebrows that are hard to pluck even for brows. She decided on a wax correction and did not regret - a stable result, minimal discomfort, beautiful form. The result is satisfied. At first I went to a beautician, now I learned how to do it myself, it is convenient.
Evgenia, 24, Moscow
After waxing the eyebrows, the hairs began to grow smaller, they are thinner and almost invisible. The result of the procedure is enough for 4 weeks. Tweezers made every 5-6 days.
Nicole, 30 years old, Omsk
I tried wax correction on the advice of a friend. At first she was afraid of painful sensations, but they are so minimal that I only get pleasure from the procedure, and the beautiful shape pleases the eye, emphasizes my individuality.
Compared with standard hair removal using standard tweezers, eyebrow correction with wax has several advantages:
- A quick way to remove hairs - this procedure will take you an average of 15 minutes. You spend at least 15 minutes on plucking using tweezers on each curb separately.
- Availability - all the necessary devices and components are sold in cosmetics stores, so that you can do your own modeling at home, without spending money on expensive procedures in beauty salons.
- Lasting effect - after carrying out such hair removal, the second procedure for correction should be carried out after 3 weeks. And girls whose hair grows slowly can re-operate after 6 weeks. With other methods of depilation, new hair appears 4-5 days after the procedure.
- High performance - using tweezers is very difficult to remove small downy hairs, and using wax you can remove any “vegetation” on the face.
- Less pain - immediately remove a large number of excess hairs, do not need to pull them out one by one, so the painful feelings are not so pronounced and prolonged.
- No side effects from brow modeling in this way. - if you do it right, then no redness, irritation or any kind of peeling will appear on your face.
It is worth paying attention that for registration of correction of the superciliary arches with the use of wax, the hairs should grow by 4 millimeters. If the length is insufficient, they will not be able to capture. If the hair is too long, then the pain effect will be more pronounced.
Like any other depilation, wax correction has some drawbacks:
- You will have to practice a littleif you plan to do this process yourself at home. From the first time the shape of the eyebrows can be far from ideal.
- If the procedure is performed incorrectly, irritation may occur. Carefully select the wizard to whom you are applying for correction and modeling, and also carefully study the instructions before proceeding with the removal of unwanted hairs.
There are some contraindications, in the presence of which waxing is worth refusing:
- in the presence of personal intolerance to bee products,
- with the development of inflammatory processes, the presence of wounds or cuts in the eye area,
- if you have a large number of moles or warts in the place of correction,
- diseases of the skin in the acute stage,
- with circulatory disorders.
If the above contraindications are not, then you can start modeling wax eyebrows.
Special eye waxes are used for eyebrow correction:
Let's look at each tool separately.
This tool can be made in the form of a ball or a cube. It includes a variety of resins, as well as olive and lemon oil.
Before you apply such a substance to a problem area of the skin, it should be heated to 60 degrees.
Most often used in beauty salons, as it is very important not only to heat the wax to a certain temperature, but also to keep it hot during the application process.
This tool is made from beeswax and pine resin. It acquires a liquid consistency at a temperature of 45 degrees. It is characterized by rapid cooling, so that it does not harm small vessels and capillaries located in the upper layers of the epidermis.
It is considered one of the most affordable tools that are used at home. It is very convenient to use, because the substance, which includes wax is already applied with a thin layer on a small piece of cloth or paper.
Before gluing to the skin, the wax strips need to be slightly warmed up, for this they need to be rubbed between the palms. The mechanism of action of this cosmetology product is similar to plaster:
- It is necessary to glue the strip to the skin.
- It should be sharp movements against the growth of hairs to remove such a strip.
To independently use it at home, you can stop the choice on any of the above products for hair removal. The main thing, be guided by features and type of an integument.
The main ingredient, which is part of the depilating agents is beeswax. Additional components are various types of resins, for example, pine. Various oils are used to soften the skin.
When choosing a certain means for eyebrow correction, be guided by the sensitivity of your epidermis to the ingredients, so that its application does not lead to irritation.
When a negative reaction appears, the use of such a depilatory product should be immediately abandoned.
Which is better?
There are many various trademarks which let out means for correction of eyebrows wax.
Here are some tools that are very popular with the fair sex:
- "Brow Shapers Shurgi Wax“from the American manufacturer in shape resembles brow ridges. Such stripes have a curved appearance and are able to perfectly capture those areas of the skin on which tweezers are most often used to remove unwanted hairs. This set includes special stripes for the upper and lower eyebrows. Thanks to conveniently, the modeling procedure will take you no more than 10 minutes and you can easily remove even the smallest hairs.
- "Parissa Brow Shaper"are made from hypoallergenic substances, therefore, they are suitable even for sensitive epidermis, which is prone to allergic manifestations.
- Sally hansen - this manufacturer produces a special set for eyebrow correction. The wax can be melted in a microwave without using a specialized device. The composition of this product includes only natural ingredients. Using such a kit you can get a professional result like after visiting a beauty salon.
- "RuWeye Wax Kiss"- this film wax does not cause any pain and is perfect for modeling eyebrows. It will be an excellent tool for self-use in the home.
- Veet - these wax strips are distinguished by increased convenience, since even small hairs are quickly and easily captured. Possess a pleasant smell of roses.
How to remove at home?
The procedure for the correction of eyebrows with wax at home will require some training and skill from you.
The modeling process is as follows:
- Take your hair off your face. They can be fixed behind hairpins or use a bandage or a kerchief. Otherwise, you may inadvertently hook your strands.
- Consider the eyebrows: the length of the hairs should be optimal for removal (from 4 millimeters).
- Comb them. This can be done with a special brush or a brush from unnecessary mascara.
- According to the instructions, melt the wax, bringing it to the desired temperature.
- Clean the area of the skin on which the depilation will be performed. You can use any antiseptic dermatological agent.
- Using a wooden stick, gently apply the wax on the skin area where correction in the direction of hair growth is required.
- Place a piece of paper or fabric strip on top.
- Stretch the skin with your fingers to reduce pain and sharply remove the striped against the growth of hair.
- Apply a sedative to remove redness or irritation.
Strips to give the desired shape of the eyebrows are much easier to apply. Attach them to the desired area of the skin and remove with sharp movements against the growth of hairs.
Young ladies who use eyebrow correction with wax note that it will take some practice and skill to get the perfect shape.
Girls who use this method of removing unwanted hair on the brow ridges believe that this is a gentle way of removal, which brings much less pain than the use of ordinary tweezers.
Eyebrow correction with wax is a quick and effective way to get rid of unwanted hairs and the ability to give them a beautiful shape.
In the next video, see a detailed description of the process of waxing eyebrows.